Jump to content

Our record against good teams


Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Miss Korea said:

Vancouver sits atop the West for a reason - we are a great team overall.

 

But I won't lie when I say I'm nervous at the prospect of playing Colorado in the playoffs.

agree but if Colorado gets knocked off by say Winnipeg or Dallas how would that be? Playoffs are often about who you dont have to play.  Thats why they play the games. Id be ok with  Winnipeg Vancouver Conference final

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The only Western teams that I'd be apprehensive about playing would be Colorado and Vegas; the Avs have the horses to run and gun against us (Nate, Makar, Miikko, etc.) and the Knights' style of play and roster composition would pose problems (oh and they add Hertl and Stone when LTIR no longer keeps a guy out).  We're pretty good now but gotta see how we hold up when things tighten up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Phil_314 said:

The only Western teams that I'd be apprehensive about playing would be Colorado and Vegas; the Avs have the horses to run and gun against us (Nate, Makar, Miikko, etc.) and the Knights' style of play and roster composition would pose problems (oh and they add Hertl and Stone when LTIR no longer keeps a guy out).  We're pretty good now but gotta see how we hold up when things tighten up.

Agree about Colorado, but I disagree with Vegas. I think they would actually be our best matchup for round 1. Vegas looks disinterested and hungover from their cup win.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here's the strategy:

 

Firstly we play hard enough to secure HIA at least through the first 2 rounds (basically beat everyone except as noted below)...BUT...

 

When we play LAK (2 more times) we bring our A++ game...all hands on deck...destroy them. AND...

 

We play VGK soft (2 more times), sit Petey, Miller and QH43 and play some regularly scratched players. Basically help VGK to pass LAK so that we get the LA Queens in Round 1 and let the Coilers battle it out with VGK...we'll take on the winner of that series after they beat the crap outta each other for 7 games.

 

This will help our 1st round matchup odds, and will rest our big 3 for 2 games before the playoff grind starts. PLUS, we'll get back a rested and ready Demko.

 

Recipe for success! (In reality I think we can beat anyone anyways...and the OP's post pretty much states that so...awesome first post back!)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mando27 said:

Agree about Colorado, but I disagree with Vegas. I think they would actually be our best matchup for round 1. Vegas looks disinterested and hungover from their cup win.


I hope you're right, but didn't Tampa also have another gear in them when they went on their runs?  I'd hate for Vegas to flip a switch and become that contender when it really counts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What gives me some apprehension (not a lot, but some), is the lack of meaningful playoff experience on the roster in general.  If you take Miller/Cole out of the stats, that's almost half of all p/o games from this roster as we approach the end of the regular season.   

 

As I said,  it's a concern,  not a worry.   It's why a lot of reams specifically target players with meaningful p/o experience at the tdl like Perry on the Coil, guys that pull the team into the trenches and know what it takes to win.

 

That said,  all players have to get p/o experience in some manner and why not on this club,  this year?  We've got players clearly demonstrating they can win already, no reason that can't translate to P/o,  right?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Phil_314 said:


I hope you're right, but didn't Tampa also have another gear in them when they went on their runs?  I'd hate for Vegas to flip a switch and become that contender when it really counts.

It's possible but I like our chances more against Vegas than the Blues/Wild, both of them have been more dangerous against the Canucks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...