Jump to content

[Speculation] Dach/Primeau for Suter/Silovs?!!???!?!??


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

ACL/MCL tear; right knee, from a Tinordi hit at the beginning of the season. Had successful surgery in November last year. Out all year with projected return to full health for next season.

 

Kid's  6'4"  217lbs., 23yr. old, right shot centre/winger. Still has term for a few years at a  decent 3.4mil per. F*ck yea! Injury be damned.

 

The goalies sorta' mirror each other. However Primeau is Montreal's backup goalie where as silos has yet to be such in the NHL.  

Edited by Sativika
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think Silovs probably gets dealt in the offseason.  DeSmith has been such a good fit and unless he is really priced out of town, we have things covered for a few years and need a slightly younger version of Silovs who is 2-3 years farther from being ready for a back up role in the NHL.

I don't know that Dach makes us better.  He is bigger but the knock on him is effort and battle level, a kid his size with his skills being moved by two teams by the time he is 23 would be a fairly big red flag to me.  Teams know their own players better than scouts do.

The cap issues make it more expensive for us with this trade.  We move Suter, Silovs and bring in Primeau and Dach... unfortunately that means we have to replace Suter ourselves at a higher price tag and Silovs would be a cheaper option in net than DeSmith.

The organization would have to REALLY be sure of some untapped upside for Dach to make the move.  He isn't a centre in the NHL and we don't want to be spending trade bullets on middle six wingers who can be gotten for just as cheap in free agency.  Suter is a centre and produces pretty well at half the price, so I peg him as more valuable to us than bringing in Dach at that moment and cost.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Jess changed the title to [Speculation] Dach/Primeau for Suter/Silovs?!!???!?!??

Well, it's just a rumour for now. I don't really deem anything like this to be really serious, especially during this time of the year; so close to the end of the season/start of the playoffs. Really, it's something else other than playoff matchups, Hronek's contract, free agent signing preferences, etc to talk/discuss whilst waiting for the next Canucks game on Thursday. (Anticipation of the highest magnitude!)

 

If this be true in any way, I would venture a guess that this is the supposed big winger management was trying to acquire at TDL. Perhaps this may be motivated with regards to Lindy's situation of a possible exit after this season. (Rental!) Also regarding the interest in Primeau; I would say that could be an insurance of a capable backup goalie if DeSmith isn't able to be signed.

 

It wouldn't surprise me if this, or any other rumours could be legit. I mean JR/PA and the management crew don't stop, do they. They're proactive when it comes to possible transactions to improve the lineup. I mean ya' gotta admit; they've surprised us more than a few times since they've been here, right?

 

If the 2019, 3rd overall Kirby Dach be a target for an off season acquisition, I'm confident that our HOF coaching staff can turn things around for this kid. This kid's no dud. Just some injury misfortune.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Sativika said:

 

Uhhhh.....I thought I did? Isn't that blue sausage with the word 'rumour' within it the tag?!!??!? Please advise. Thanks.

 

Needs to be in the thread title as well. Many people won't look at the just the "tags".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Empties approve this trade proposal. Can’t see the Haberdoodles doing this though. Dach, although often injured, is a very good (and young) player. But maybe they value Silovs really high, so would be willing to give up Dach to get him? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If Silovs wants to ask for a payday I'd do the goalie portion of the swap.
Dach might cost too much for us as a depth player given how he also has term, and Suter's been adequate at that pay rate (albeit not a full-fledged top-6 forward).
If we can trade for a fast, grinding winger with some scoring in exchange for Suter then I'd do it, but Dach's injury history so far is also concerning.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

 

Needs to be in the thread title as well. Many people won't look at the just the "tags".

 

Alrighty -AJ-. I see what you did. Thanks. I'll remember to do such next time for sure.

Cheers.

  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Sativika said:

ACL/MCL tear; right knee, from a Tinordi hit at the beginning of the season. Had successful surgery in November last year. Out all year with projected return to full health for next season.

 

Kid's  6'4"  217lbs., 23yr. old, right shot centre/winger. Still has term for a few years at a  decent 3.4mil per. F*ck yea! Injury be damned.

 

The goalies sorta' mirror each other. However Primeau is Montreal's backup goalie where as silos has yet to be such in the NHL.  

 

Torn ACL?  He'll bounce right back just like Mickey!

 

image.jpeg.5094821a344cf92b3b3f6c636587d3ee.jpeg

 

This forum just loves him

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not sure if I like this trade proposal or not. LOL

 

I like the potential...but feel we might be taking on another teams headache.

Dach is averaging 16.5 points a year and 35 (games played) over the last 6 seasons.

The production is fine and would probably get better, but he's never played more than 70 games in a season....which kinda scares me.  

 

From a cap perspective: He's makes $3.3 million for the next 2 seasons while Suter is costing us $1.6 million 

Dach is the far superior player and former 3rd overall, but if injuries persist we're pissing away cap space we don't have IMO.

If he were to come back and stay healthy it looks like genius move, if not, we're in BIG trouble.   

  

  

Edited by Blitz-Pix
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cost controlled third C and backup goaltender. 
It is Demko’s net for a long time, but when Demko is starter a good backup is important. 
Silov’s is interesting, seems pretty hot and cold this year after his amazing WC experience. 
Seems like dealing from position of strength to plug 2 holes with cost controlled players. 

Way to early to think this is really something talked about for off season, other than potentially informal convos at GMs meetings or such. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Provost said:

I think Silovs probably gets dealt in the offseason.  DeSmith has been such a good fit and unless he is really priced out of town, we have things covered for a few years and need a slightly younger version of Silovs who is 2-3 years farther from being ready for a back up role in the NHL.

I don't know that Dach makes us better.  He is bigger but the knock on him is effort and battle level, a kid his size with his skills being moved by two teams by the time he is 23 would be a fairly big red flag to me.  Teams know their own players better than scouts do.

The cap issues make it more expensive for us with this trade.  We move Suter, Silovs and bring in Primeau and Dach... unfortunately that means we have to replace Suter ourselves at a higher price tag and Silovs would be a cheaper option in net than DeSmith.

The organization would have to REALLY be sure of some untapped upside for Dach to make the move.  He isn't a centre in the NHL and we don't want to be spending trade bullets on middle six wingers who can be gotten for just as cheap in free agency.  Suter is a centre and produces pretty well at half the price, so I peg him as more valuable to us than bringing in Dach at that moment and cost.

 

Would love to have DeSmith back, but I really don't see them spending 2 million on a backup for next season which is about what I think it will cost to keep him. I think they either look at Silovs as being ready for the NHL backup, or they probably trade him and sign someone else.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would be surprised if this is actually in discussion. Dach > Suter and Primeau > Silovs.

 

Yes, Dach's recovery from injury is a risk but even if he doesn't improve on the player he was previously he's already better than Suter. Silovs and Primeau are close, but Primeau is a Mike Richter award winner and has achieved more at the same age than Silovs has. Silovs has potential to still be the better of the two though.

  • ThereItIs 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dach, despite setbacks, still has a ton of potential.  I'd trade some assets to get him.  Suter has value too as a decent defensive forward and I'm not suggesting that we get rid of him but I'd do that trade.  We're deep enough to be able to take a chance on Dach.  He could end up being a valuable piece.  Suter is less of a gamble but Dach has more upside.  It depends if management is in a gambling mood. GCG!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Diamonds said:

I would be surprised if this is actually in discussion. Dach > Suter and Primeau > Silovs.

 

Yes, Dach's recovery from injury is a risk but even if he doesn't improve on the player he was previously he's already better than Suter. Silovs and Primeau are close, but Primeau is a Mike Richter award winner and has achieved more at the same age than Silovs has. Silovs has potential to still be the better of the two though.

I think its Dach's cap hit they do not like

  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Suter at 1.6 for another year is a good deal 

Dach is over payedcyes but has huge upside 

I would consider this in off season for sure 

we will have sone cap flexibility 

we need a potential 1 C in the pipeline 

 

what does Ian Clark think of Primeau - he was highly touted a while ago 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...