Jump to content

REPORT: Rogers Communications Might Consider Selling TV Rights to Amazon


Recommended Posts

51 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I hope not.

I don't use Amazon, and I don't support Amazon.

 

I use it all the time, quite like the streaming side of it. I have no attachments to it all being run out of Rogers. 

  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

 

I use it all the time, quite like the streaming side of it. I have no attachments to it all being run out of Rogers. 

Only plus side I can see is maybe they won't have virtual ads? 🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I hope not.

I don't use Amazon, and I don't support Amazon.

They are straight up evil.  I know enough people who have worked for them to know that the news stories about them are almost all true. 

I'm torn because I think that they can help the game grow (and I want that) but I wish that company nothing but the worst.  

  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Baratheon said:

They are straight up evil.  I know enough people who have worked for them to know that the news stories about them are almost all true. 

I'm torn because I think that they can help the game grow (and I want that) but I wish that company nothing but the worst.  


 

Not that I disagree with your point but Amazon gets slightly better reviews from employees than Rogers on GlassDoor, 68% would recommend  working there to a friend vs 64% for Rogers. Hard to tell the saints from the sinners.

  • Cheers 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

That would be god awful. So instead of having to pay for sportsnet you now have to pay for Amazon prime. For the elderly that don’t have a smart tv or don’t know how to stream on their tv won’t be able to watch the game on their tv

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Baratheon said:

They are straight up evil.  I know enough people who have worked for them to know that the news stories about them are almost all true. 

I'm torn because I think that they can help the game grow (and I want that) but I wish that company nothing but the worst.  

 

Amazon isn't great at all. You're right about that. From Jeff Bezos downward, there's lots of stories about toxic corporate culture to improper "junk" disposal to subverting employee rights. Rogers isn't great with its practices either - anti-competitive and they plaster itself anywhere it can. Yet Amazon has started to embrace climate change initiatives (yes, the arena in Seattle is an advertisement in itself), which is better than many fake companies that pretend they're environmentally friendly. Amazon also has been a LIFE SAVER for folks living up north (Amazon Prime). It's cheaper to ship food/necessities than to rely on the Canadian government (an embarassment, no doubt). So every company will have its issues. I thought Duolingo would be a good company, but even they have shuttered its staff to embrace AI (obvious cost-cutting measure). While the community was based on volunteers, they have essentially been edged out (Duolingo dismantled the forums section) and they seem to favour the corporate blueprint just like all other companies. So, every company will have its dark sides. Why? Because people are often greedy. Shocking.

  • Cheers 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, 4petesake said:


 

Not that I disagree with your point but Amazon gets slightly better reviews from employees than Rogers on GlassDoor, 68% would recommend  working there to a friend vs 64% for Rogers. Hard to tell the saints from the sinners.

If that’s an accurate reflection of reality then Rogers must be a pretty disgusting company.  That’s basically my only takeaway lol.

  • Cheers 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Baratheon said:

If that’s an accurate reflection of reality then Rogers must be a pretty disgusting company.  That’s basically my only takeaway lol.

They should be classified as a criminal organization.

  • Cheers 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...