[Proposal] Some Off Season Ideas

Posted (edited)

Trade 1

To NSH: Hronek rights

To VAN: 2024 2nd round pick (WPG) + 2024 2nd round pick (TBL) + 2024 3rd round pick (DAL)

Why? NSH looking for a young top pairing RD. Hronek too expensive for VAN.

Trade 2

To WPG: 2025 1st round pick (VAN) + 2024 3rd round pick (DAL)

To CHI: 2024 2nd round pick (WPG) for taking 50% retention on Ehlers ($3m x 1 year)

To VAN: Ehlers at 50% of cap hit

Why? Ehlers expiring, WPG may look to move him. VAN gets cap relief by CHI retaining 50% of Ehlers cap hit; CHI has plenty of cap space (could be any team)

Trade 3

To ANA: Mikheyev + 2024 2nd round pick (TBL)

To VAN: Future considerations

Why? Mikheyev is a cap dump, ANA has plenty of cap space and could use more picks

Sign:

Toffoli $5m x 4

Joshua $3.75m x 5

Sam Carrick $1.25m x 2

Pesce $6.5m x 7

Zadorov $4.95m x 6

Myers $3m x 2

Cole $2.5m x 1

Silovs $1.05m x 2

image.png.bd1a3b0a3d14f0b746cf63ecbfb2f6f9.png

Edited by BigTramFan
  • Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

57 minutes ago, Hogs and Podz said:

?  Not understanding all those picks (1st, 2nd and 3rd) for Ehlers and then retaining 50% of his cap... to then move him???  Benning math? baby what GIF

This is your fist to your face style proposal... 

it’s a straightforward proposal- acquire Ehlers w Chi retaining part of his cap hit for the year….

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Hogs and Podz said:

?  Not understanding all those picks (1st, 2nd and 3rd) for Ehlers and then retaining 50% of his cap... to then move him???  Benning math? baby what GIF

This is your fist to your face style proposal... 

I mean if you can't understand picks then you are reading the wrong section of this forum...

Image result for too many picks meme

You'd think having Ehlers on the roster for $3m cap hit was the giveaway that he wasn't traded...

Edited by BigTramFan
  • Haha 1

Obviously didn't look close enough.. My bad.  Still an overall no, 2 years too long for Toffoli.  Ehlers is another small player, we need size to get to the net.  If we traded Hogs got picks and or prospect then yes to Ehlers. 

But I think the Zad and Pesce term and dollar amounts are realistic. Hope those deals happen. 

Hronek has a lot more value. He’s a top pairing, minute munching, right shot D just entering his prime. He’s coming off a 48 point plus 38 season. 
He’d fetch the equivalent of 3 first, whether that’s picks or players. 

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Hronek has a lot more value. He’s a top pairing, minute munching, right shot D just entering his prime. He’s coming off a 48 point plus 38 season. 

Yepp and I don't believe for a second that he wasn't playing hurt, I don't think I saw him once rip a slapper in the Coilers series..Smart move on his part by keeping his trap shut..The wise move in silence.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BigTramFan said:

Trade 1

To NSH: Hronek rights

To VAN: 2024 2nd round pick (WPG) + 2024 2nd round pick (TBL) + 2024 3rd round pick (DAL)

Why? NSH looking for a young top pairing RD. Hronek too expensive for VAN.

Trade 2

To WPG: 2025 1st round pick (VAN) + 2024 3rd round pick (DAL)

To CHI: 2024 2nd round pick (WPG) for taking 50% retention on Ehlers ($3m x 1 year)

To VAN: Ehlers at 50% of cap hit

Why? Ehlers expiring, WPG may look to move him. VAN gets cap relief by CHI retaining 50% of Ehlers cap hit; CHI has plenty of cap space (could be any team)

Trade 3

To ANA: Mikheyev + 2024 2nd round pick (TBL)

To VAN: Future considerations

Why? Mikheyev is a cap dump, ANA has plenty of cap space and could use more picks

Sign:

Toffoli $5m x 4

Joshua $3.75m x 5

Sam Carrick $1.25m x 2

Pesce $6.5m x 7

Zadorov $4.95m x 6

Myers $3m x 2

Cole $2.5m x 1

Silovs $1.05m x 2

image.png.bd1a3b0a3d14f0b746cf63ecbfb2f6f9.png

I like it.

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

I agree with the Melmacian one. 

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, Alflives said:

I think Hronek had more value when he was traded from Detroit. He was traded along with a 4th round pick in exchange for a 1st and a 2nd round pick.

He was 60 games into the season (scoring at 0.63 pts/gm pace) signed to $4.4m through the following season.

As of today Hronek just played an 81 game regular season scoring at 0.59 pts/gm pace, and a post season where he put up only 2 pts in 13 games. In addition, Hronek is a pending RFA with a strong arbitration case for something close to $8m. This will impact his value.

I think 2 x 2nds and 1 x 3rd is about right for his trade value right now.