[proposal]How to Re-Pete from Division title to Cup Champs

Posted (edited)

Too many moves but a team I'd like to see

1. Dubas likes to re-acquire players from his past, this is a chance to move a player without a  sweetener plus get an asset back 

Traded 1 PIT-CAR-VAN

PIT- Mikheyev + Brisebois

CAR - Hoglander + M. Pettersson 

VAN - Necas + (Car) 2024 3rd RD

Necas $7m * 8y

2. There had been some rumblings about Ottawa wanting to move Zub if they did they would need a RD back, they'd get a skilled 1st unit PP all situations RD

Trade 2

OTT - Hronek + Woo/McWard/??? 

VAN - Zub + (BOS) 2024 1st

Draft 1 of ( fast, hard hitting RD Elick or High Iq, all situational RW Parascak or 2way RD Badinka or slow and steady 200 ft C Beaudoin) 

3. Vegas as usual have a little money  and some players they'd like back, could be a chance to pluck a RD from them 

VGK - Poolman (ltir uses) + Klimovich 

VAN - Kaedan Korczak

Korczak $1.1m * 2/3y

4.Tampa another team with limited cap + they want to re-up Stamkos. Though TBL gave up a lot to get him he may be falling out of favour & could possibly be had for  ¢ on the $ 

TBL - Aman + McDonough/Karlsson

VAN - Jeannot

5. sign RFAs & UFAs

Silovs $1m * 2y

Matt Roy $5.6m * 5y

Zadarov $4.85m * 6y

Blueger $2m * 2/3y

Y. Trenin $1.8m * 2/3y

Mantha/Noesen/Heinen $2m * 1/2y

(Alternatively Tanev could be brought in for less money and yrs and the extra money possibly used for an upgrade on the Heinen/Mantha player) ie Tanev $4.5 * 3y + a Monahan/Duchene/Tarasenko/P. Kane $3.1 * 1y

Jeannot, Miller, Boeser

Mantha, Pettersson, Necas or (Monaha, Pettersson, Necas) 

Trenin, Blueger, Garland

Suter, Raty, Podkolzin 

PDG

Hughes, Roy or (Hughes, Tanev) 

Zadorov, Zub

Soucy, Korczak

Juulsen

Demko

Silovs

Edited by VanOriginal
  • Vintage 1

My thoughts are:

Trade 1 - PIT are not trading away a top pairing Dman (Pettersson) for a cap dump (Mik) and fringe NHLer (Brisebois). CAR are also unlikely to trade Necas for Hogs + M Pettersson (they already have 2 top pairing LDs) and even if they made the trade they wouldn't be the ones adding a pick imo.

Trade 2 - I don't believe OTT want to move Zub. He is a top pairing Dman on a really good contract. If they did want to move him, then Hronek won't fetch you both Zub + a 1st round pick imo (RFA rights to Woo/McWard are not worth anything much).

Trade 3 - VGK have zero reason to move Korczak. He's a big 23 year old RHD who is a pending RFA without any arb rights. He projects to be a 2nd pairing Dman in the NHL. Klimovich (a 21 year old prospect that only scored 4 pts in the AHL last season) is unlikely to even make the NHL at this point. He is nowhere near enough to convince VGK to part with Korczak who has already played 37 NHL games and has shown that he can handle the big league. Poolman's contract has negative value and we would have to add a sweetener to move his contract (LTIR relief does not work in the way you are thinking it works).

Trade 4 - this is probably the most realistic trade you propose. I still think TBL will want more than Aman + Karlsson for Jeannot, but they potentially do want to get rid of Jeannot's contract so a deal could be possible.

Apart from the trades being unrealistic, the targets and team looks quite good. Cheers

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, BigTramFan said:

My thoughts are:

Trade 1 - PIT are not trading away a top pairing Dman (Pettersson) for a cap dump (Mik) and fringe NHLer (Brisebois). CAR are also unlikely to trade Necas for Hogs + M Pettersson (they already have 2 top pairing LDs) and even if they made the trade they wouldn't be the ones adding a pick imo.

Trade 2 - I don't believe OTT want to move Zub. He is a top pairing Dman on a really good contract. If they did want to move him, then Hronek won't fetch you both Zub + a 1st round pick imo (RFA rights to Woo/McWard are not worth anything much).

Trade 3 - VGK have zero reason to move Korczak. He's a big 23 year old RHD who is a pending RFA without any arb rights. He projects to be a 2nd pairing Dman in the NHL. Klimovich (a 21 year old prospect that only scored 4 pts in the AHL last season) is unlikely to even make the NHL at this point. He is nowhere near enough to convince VGK to part with Korczak who has already played 37 NHL games and has shown that he can handle the big league. Poolman's contract has negative value and we would have to add a sweetener to move his contract (LTIR relief does not work in the way you are thinking it works).

Trade 4 - this is probably the most realistic trade you propose. I still think TBL will want more than Aman + Karlsson for Jeannot, but they potentially do want to get rid of Jeannot's contract so a deal could be possible.

Apart from the trades being unrealistic, the targets and team looks quite good. Cheers

Excellent response, very refreshing to see thoughtful and intelligent ideas! These are rare nowadays. The trades are definitely in the Canucks favour, homerism done on purpose. 

Dubas seems to like certain players (Bunting) he may believe that Mik will recover from knee surgery and bee the speedy defensively reliable player that he was with the Leafs. Pittsburgh needs some speed. MP may be available depending on how Dubas views POJ, Graves and Ludvig as his LD, or R. Smith could be moved for Mik. 

Zub is definitely a good DMan and he would get a late 1st plus a mid level player. Staios seems open on the option of moving him the opposite of Dorion. Hronek would be an upgrade on Zub. But yes not at that the cost I suggested. The return would be a lower level pick coming back. 

Vegas, I don't know what to think, they do things differently, they don't look at the long term. With Pietrangelo and Theodore locked up as top 2 RD hard to say if they would use Korczak as their 6/7 D rotating him with Whitecloud. Depending on Korczak ask he could be available, he definitely won't pass through waivers, just like Pachal didn't. Hard to say what a realistic ask for Korczak would be. 

Jeannot, I'm sure there would be a lot of suitors for him. Don't know if Aman + mid pick or Karlsson would move the needle. 

Edited by VanOriginal

7 hours ago, Drakrami said:

If all the other teams are stupid or secretly owe Canucks favors, it might happen. 

Dubas is stupid so there is one, I have dirt on the others so they will owe the Canucks favours. Thanks 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, fanfor42 said:

In the running for least likely trade proposal ever. 

I'll give you Raymond Ballard and a 2nd for this.

If it's not Raymond, Ballard and a 1st not interested in accepting this least creative response ever 😁

6 hours ago, King Heffy said:

What sliders did you have the Xbox set to?

Don't play video games, but definitely have the Canucks homerism slider on full tilt. Gotta give up nothing to get something. Looking for a reverse Benning moves