[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | May 20th, 6:00PM PT | Round 2, Game 7 (Series tied 3-3)

This game could potentially rival the slay the dragon game vs Hawks in terms of franchise lore.  

Let's hope for a memorable win!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

6 hours ago, IBatch said:

Why are so many fans being "realistic"?   This isn't the time for that.

The reality of today's situation is that it's still up for grabs.  If anything, this series has shown us that the teams were well-matched for each other (despite the sweep we did in the regular season).  Tonight, it boils down to which team wants it more, which team is willing to skate through walls and get that puck, which team is willing to bring superior defence to shut down the other team's stars, which goaltender is dialed in, which skaters are willing to face adversity and chase it out the rink.

Reality is, if we bring our A game, we can (and have) beat them before.

* ref-induced game management notwithstanding 🦓

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Captkirk888 said:

That can’t be Toc toccing to Hughes. Tocchet is 6’  - who ever that is, they are shorter than Hughes. 

Hughes is listed at 5'10". And hate to break it to you, but as we age we lose a bit of height. Not sure if it's our backs that's the cause. Assuming the skates are the same height it doesn't look out of whack we are talking 2" here.

10 minutes ago, Captkirk888 said:

That can’t be Toc toccing to Hughes. Tocchet is 6’  - who ever that is, they are shorter than Hughes. 

Petey looks like he’s 7’ tall in that frame. Until skate and ice tech advanced the vast majority of players were under 6 feet. Hughes is a phenom. His size is irrelevant. 

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Petey looks like he’s 7’ tall in that frame. Until skate and ice tech advanced the vast majority of players were under 6 feet. Hughes is a phenom. His size is irrelevant. 

Missed my point entirely but I don’t disagree with you.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Hughes is listed at 5'10". And hate to break it to you, but as we age we lose a bit of height. Not sure if it's our backs that's the cause. Assuming the skates are the same height it doesn't look out of whack we are talking 2" here.

I am the same age as toc and I have lost maybe 1/2” in height. I don’t think our spine starts major compression until later years.

Just now, Captkirk888 said:

I am the same age as toc and I have lost maybe 1/2” in height. I don’t think our spine starts major compression until later years.

I'm a little younger. Great something more to look forward too... lol.

• Haha 2
  • Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, Captkirk888 said:

It's just the angle the shot was taken from.  Put them side-by-side along the boards, and Dick Tocch will be slightly taller than QH43 in that shot, guaranteed.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Captkirk888 said:

Each person ages differently depending on genetics a lifestyle. Tocchet play a lot of very hard hockey. He likely has knees that are bowed and a back that is somewhat compressed. He’s likely a couple inches shorter now than when 20. 

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Each person ages differently depending on genetics a lifestyle. Tocchet play a lot of very hard hockey. He likely has knees that are bowed and a back that is somewhat compressed. He’s likely a couple inches shorter now than when 20. 

I know this as fact.

• Like 1