Adobe CC alternatives?

aGENT

I finally lost use of my old, non subscription copy of CS6, and looking for alternatives (largely illustrator and Photoshop).

Leaning towards Inkscape as it does raster tracing, works in Windows and Linux... And it's free! Considered paying for Affinity but it's lack of raster tracing sucks/kind of a non starter. 

Think I'm going to go Inkscape (Illustrator replacement), Gimp (Photoshop) and Darktable (Lightroom). All work on Linux and Windows, open source etc.

Anyone got any other bright ideas for alternatives/thoughts/experience? Thanks!

Edited by aGENT

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm still using CS6.  I'm on a Mac,  but I'm still on system Mojave10.14.  As any newer system it will not work.

I refuse to pay a monthly subscription for something I use maybe 8 hours a month, mostly not work related at all.

I've seen Gimp, but was hoping for something a bit more substantial. Some stand alone app that does the basic editing that Photoshop does, plus layers, and filters, levels, etc.

On 1/3/2024 at 3:49 AM, PeteyBOI said:

also need help with this

On 2/12/2024 at 3:21 PM, kilgore said:

I'm still using CS6.  I'm on a Mac,  but I'm still on system Mojave10.14.  As any newer system it will not work.

I refuse to pay a monthly subscription for something I use maybe 8 hours a month, mostly not work related at all.

I've seen Gimp, but was hoping for something a bit more substantial. Some stand alone app that does the basic editing that Photoshop does, plus layers, and filters, levels, etc.

I've been pretty happy with Inkscape as an Illustrator option so far. Bit of an (expected) learning curve and quirks, but overall pretty good. Haven't actually needed a Photoshop alternative yet, so haven't even tinkered in Gimp at all.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1