The Drums Thread

Rob Eh

19 hours ago, Barnstorm said:

I was there to see this. Seattle 7-17-77

Thats cool, my older brother saw them in Vancouver, same year. There used to be a small ferry with a bar for concerts from downtown Nanaimo to Vancouver. It was shut down after that Led Zeppelin concert because some of the people busted into the bar and stole all the alcohol. The cops were waiting for them on the other side. 🤣

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Rob Eh said:

Thats cool, my older brother saw them in Vancouver, same year. There used to be a small ferry with a bar for concerts from downtown Nanaimo to Vancouver. It was shut down after that Led Zeppelin concert because some of the people busted into the bar and stole all the alcohol. The cops were waiting for them on the other side. 🤣

Your brother likely saw them in 1975 as that’s the last year they played in Vancouver BC. Possibly 1973 as they played in Vancouver then also. 

The 7–17-77 show at the now demolished Seattle Kingdome was in fact the third last show they ever did in North America. After the Seattle show they played twice in Oakland Ca. (July 23,24). Sadly the few remaining concert dates on this tour were abruptly cancelled and the band hurriedly return to England due to the death of Robert Plants son Karac Pedra Plant who died at the age 5 years. April 20, 1972 - July 26, 1977. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Barnstorm said:

Your brother likely saw them in 1975 as that’s the last year they played in Vancouver BC. Possibly 1973 as they played in Vancouver then also. 

The 7–17-77 show at the now demolished Seattle Kingdome was in fact the third last show they ever did in North America. After the Seattle show they played twice in Oakland Ca. (July 23,24). Sadly the few remaining concert dates on this tour were abruptly cancelled and the band hurriedly return to England due to the death of Robert Plants son Karac Pedra Plant who died at the age 5 years. April 20, 1972 - July 26, 1977. 

Yes, he said it was '75. i was 4 then. My first concert was Nazareth at the old arena in Nanaimo in '82. I didn't know that, about Robert Plants son R I P

27 minutes ago, Rob Eh said:

Yes, he said it was '75. i was 4 then. My first concert was Nazareth at the old arena in Nanaimo in '82. I didn't know that, about Robert Plants son R I P

Zeppelin had more than its share of tragedy and mishaps over their tenure.  It all contributed to the ludicrous rumours they had made a deal with the devil. 
My first concert was May 26, 1973. Alice Cooper at Pacific Coliseum with the Billion Dollar Babies tour. 
My mother was concerned about me going at 12 years old and was discussing it with my sister who was 27. 

“They’ll be fine” my sister said,

“There’s four of them going”.

”I guess your right but I don’t even know what music SHE plays” my mother replied.

We just kept our mouths shut at that point. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Barnstorm said:

Zeppelin had more than its share of tragedy and mishaps over their tenure.  It all contributed to the ludicrous rumours they had made a deal with the devil. 
My first concert was May 26, 1973. Alice Cooper at Pacific Coliseum with the Billion Dollar Babies tour. 
My mother was concerned about me going at 12 years old and was discussing it with my sister who was 27. 

“They’ll be fine” my sister said,

“There’s four of them going”.

”I guess your right but I don’t even know what music SHE plays” my mother replied.

We just kept our mouths shut at that point. 

Sad about all the tragedy that Zeppelin had. Thats a hilarious story of your first concert though. My older sister took me and a friend to Nazareth at the old Frank Crane Arena. I even remember who opened up because we thought it was going to be Frank Zappa but it was Zappacosta, lol.

I remember a drunk guy fell down the bleachers, he rolled quite a few seats and landed right on me, he was all apologetic.So drunk he couldn't walk. lol

It might have been '83.

• Haha 2