MYSTERY MEAT: Loblaw stores selling ‘ungraded’ beef and shoppers have questions

43 minutes ago, Goalie29 said:

At least they're being honest about it?

Apparently the local Superstore here, a few years back, got caught swapping labels on expired meat.  To me, that's worse.

Really? that store should have been forced to close and the manager and owner should have been facing criminal charges. we cant have people out there knowingly putting the health of others at risk in order to make money.

Edited by Ghost In a Jar

1 minute ago, gwarrior said:

Hey, our cattle is raised, slaughtered, and processed on the same property. I like knowing where it comes from. Especially where I work.

Just saying you're lucky.  There are people who get their meat from "next door" and the stuff described at the link I shared is the quality they're getting.  Then again, to qualify that statement, that part of the world is also facing intense and insane levels of poverty.

7 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Just saying you're lucky.  There are people who get their meat from "next door" and the stuff described at the link I shared is the quality they're getting.  Then again, to qualify that statement, that part of the world is also facing intense and insane levels of poverty.

I get it. All I'm saying is at least where I work, I know where the beef is coming from. Not trying to start an argument by any means. Just putting in my 2 cents seeing as I work in a butcher shop.

• Cheers 1

27 minutes ago, Ghost In a Jar said:

Really? that store should have been forced to close and the manager and owner should have been facing criminal charges. we cant have people out there knowingly putting the health of others at risk in order to make money.

Really.

Although it turns out it was longer ago than I remembered.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/hefty-fine-for-superstore-for-rewrapping-old-meat/article22733621/