Habs vs. Rangers

9 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Think I found the box score, there were 4 goals scored in OT.

IMG_1449.jpeg

Who were the netminders? Thought it might be Hainsworth for the Canadiens, but he had moved on to Toronto by then.

7 minutes ago, Baratheon said:

Back in the 70s was there an older generation that romanticized this era?  Did you hear comments like "Phil Esposito just couldn't hang with the guys back then.  Hockey sure ain't what it used to be!" Or is that a more recent phenomenon?

Hockey is always evolving especially with technology, for some it’s for the better, for others not so much. I must admit I sure miss a good hour long bench brawl every now and again.

Edited by Dumb Nuck
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Hockey is always evolving especially with technology, for some it’s for the better, for others not so much. I must admit I sure miss a good hour long bench brawl every now and again.

Agreed!  I have respect for all eras of hockey.  Wasn’t meaning to suggest otherwise.  Simply curious if there were similar “grumpy old man” sentiments back then.  Were there many folks who disliked 70s hockey because to them it didn’t live up to the hockey of the 30s?

Like a Don Cherry of their day lol. 

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Baratheon said:

Agreed!  I have respect for all eras of hockey.  Wasn’t meaning to suggest otherwise.  Simply curious if there were similar “grumpy old man” sentiments back then.  Were there many folks who disliked 70s hockey because to them it didn’t live up to the hockey of the 30s?

Like a Don Cherry of their day lol. 

I’d be willing to bet there were, kinda like our parents hated rock & roll, change is hard. My favorite was the mid ‘80s to mid “90s, seemed to be a good balance between skill and goonery, although both are fun to watch, it’s the balance that made that time exciting. 

• Cheers 1