Film Score Music & TV Themes

Rob Eh

1 hour ago, Rob Eh said:

Some early Ennio Morricone. A rare 45 single released in the mid 60's in Japan. This was for a movie called Malamondo.

R I P Catherine Spaak (2022) and Ennio Morricone (2020)

@Rob Eh, you seem to have a unique taste in movies.   Many of the soundtracks you post are from films I've never heard of.  Makes me wish I had more time for lesser known, foreign films.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, UnkNuk said:

@Rob Eh, you seem to have a unique taste in movies.   Many of the soundtracks you post are from films I've never heard of.  Makes me wish I had more time for lesser known, foreign films.  

@UnkNuk

I haven't seen most of those films but i was intrigued by Ennio Morricone because of those Spaghetti Western soundtracks that most people have seen.

CBC radio used to have a show called Brave New Waves before the internet. That show was great, it was 4 hours and they'd always do a profile of artist or band in the second hour and an entire album in the final hour. 

One night the profiled Ennio Morricone and played some of his very early works with an Italian Improvisation group. He did not conduct but played trumpet in that group. Before that, i had just heard the Big Gundown by John Zorn (first page of this thread).

Another thing i discovered in the last couple years is Seven Seas records, which is a label in Japan that started in the 60's. I've been going through that label and i'm only up to around 1966. Great stuff, some full length albums but mostly 7 inch 3 minutes a side singles.

The have a double album of French Themes from the 60's, really great album. This is how i get my knowledge of film score composers. The label has a ton of French composers and not just Morricone but plenty of other interesting Italian composers. They also have some surf music, a ton of Canzone and some popular 60's stuff like the Righteous Brothers and Col Joy.

Fun thread, i love it !!

The modern day composer refuses to die

Edgar Varese via Frank Zappa

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1