Today is the 35th anniversary of Pavel Bure‘s first game as a Vancouver Canuck

I was there…

I just thought I would put this out there… Who else was there?

It was probably the most incredible moment for me as a Canucks fan to witness in person… When he took the puck for the first time and went end to end the whole place went electric… Everyone stood up… We couldn’t believe we finally had some player like this on our team…

Edited by I.AM.THE.WALRUS
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

I was there…

I just thought I would put this out there… Who else was there?

It was probably the most incredible moment for me as a Canucks fan to witness in person… When he took the puck for the first time and skated it into and the whole place went electric… Everyone stood up… We couldn’t believe we finally had some player like this on our team…

I heard the game on the radio while in the barn. Even the cows found his debut electric. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I heard the game on the radio while in the barn. Even the cows found his debut electric. 

Don’t forget the chickens in the Koop or the pigs man… Or the wheat in the fields

Yeah it was pretty wild… When he rounded the the net and I think it was Geoff Courtnall who gave him the puck - he then took it end to end - skating faster than I’ve ever seen a player skate - instant acceleration-  through the entire Jets team - everybody stood up and it was like the place caught on fire… I’ll never forget it…

I posted this in PGT, I was there as well.  Earlier that day or the day before there was some debate if he was going to play or not in this game.  As soon as I heard he was in I called my buddy and said we have to go tonight.  I believe we had upper bowl seats by the blue line.  He was just fantastic.

4 minutes ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

How do I delete this? It was 32 years not 35

Baby Facepalm GIF by MOODMAN

Use the edit feature?

7 minutes ago, Cali Canuck said:

I posted this in PGT, I was there as well.  Earlier that day or the day before there was some debate if he was going to play or not in this game.  As soon as I heard he was in I called my buddy and said we have to go tonight.  I believe we had upper bowl seats by the blue line.  He was just fantastic.

Use the edit feature?

Can’t find it

1 hour ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Wasn’t his first game in 1991? That’s 32 years ago, I know, I was there, first row uppers at the blue line. I also had a Buffalo burger and beer, this I know because I had that at every game.

I was thinking the same thing. I'm an '87 birthday, and I'm like that can't be right. There was no way I was 1 when his 1st game was.