[Proposal] Ovechkin Agrees to go to Vancouver

Well, now, got you looking so let's have a chat about a VERY unrealistic scenario. This stemmed from (1) addition of Big Zeke and (2) a recent article I read about Kuz dragging down Ovi's numbers ... Source: the ever reliable RMNB (Click here for Article).

So, in the spirit of Christmas, let's look at a scenario:

To: Vancovuer

Alexander Ovechkin (Washington retains 50%)

To: Washington

Podz ... I really like Podz and think he could blossom into a solid power forward, just not on the level of Todd Bertuzzi in his prime (one of my favorite all time Canucks player, still have his jersey in my closet hanging along side of Bieksa, Kesler, Petterson and Naslund)

4th in 2024 (lesser of the two Canucks have)

5th in 2025

Garland

Who says no ... other than just about every single poster that comes here to flame me ... go ahead, it is a slow Sunday and I have my asbestos underwear on.

Edited by Roger Neilsons Towel
Added a Proposal tag
  • Haha 3
  • Cheers 1

• Rocket-68 changed the title to Ovechkin Agrees to go to Vancouver
2 minutes ago, Pears said:

He's a Capital for life. No chance he's moved unless he wants a trade. 

Yeah he will play out 2-3 ? years in Washington. Very likely be the all time goal scoring leader by the end of his career.

But for the purposes of the proposed deal, to be frank it is nowhere near enough to acquire Ovechkin if he was to move. You are not getting that player for an up and coming soon to be NHL middle six a 4th and 5th round pick and Garland haha. You would have to be motivated to move higher end assets. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Yeah he will play out 2-3 ? years in Washington. Very likely be the all time goal scoring leader by the end of his career.

But for the purposes of the proposed deal, to be frank it is nowhere near enough to acquire Ovechkin if he was to move. You are not getting that player for an up and coming soon to be NHL middle six a 4th and 5th round pick and Garland haha. You would have to be motivated to move higher end assets. 

So assuming this isn't a hash induced pipe dream, what do you think it would take, realistically? 

And yes, even though he has a 10 team no trade list, Washington would probably still ask him "do you want to go?"

Edited by Rocket-68

8 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Not a great fit considering Zadorov had the courage to call out the subhuman vermin Ovenchicken is standing with on his social media.  Let that orc rot where he is.

I did not know that Zeke did that.

2 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

I did not know that Zeke did that.

Zadorov has been more outspoken than most other Russian NHLers. He also acknowledges people do need to understand there is a legit reason many don't speak out for the real threat against their families, lives back home etc.

Ovechkin has also stated " no war " on social media, same as Zadorov has in past. Zadorov has stated he respects everything Ovechkin has done in hockey, for Russian hockey and his accomplishments, on a political lifestyle view he respectfully disagrees with Ovie's stance or perceived stance on things re: being close to Putin or having ties with the Putin regime.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

That too lol you're looking at multiple firsts and NHL ready prospects and we're simply not in a position to make that kind of move right now. Also doubt we can even afford Ovi when we still have Pettersson and Hronek to sign. 

• Like 1

Just now, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Zadorov has been more outspoken than most other Russian NHLers. He also acknowledges people do need to understand there is a legit reason many don't speak out for the real threat against their families, lives back home etc.

Ovechkin has also stated " no war " on social media, same as Zadorov has in past. Zadorov has stated he respects everything Ovechkin has done in hockey, for Russian hockey and his accomplishments, on a political lifestyle view he respectfully disagrees with Ovie's stance or perceived stance on things re: being close to Putin or having ties with the Putin regime.

I recall Ovi did say "no war", watched a bit of that press conference, he was threading the needle and yes he supported Putin - not sure if he is as vocal about that now.

Didn't know that Zeke was that upfront on the issue - respect for him has grown. For the record, I am 50/50 Ukrainian and Russian ... but now stand with Ukraine 100%. Let's not make this thread a political discussion please. I am pretty sure there is a thread somewhere on that view.

I for one would love to pry Ovi out of Washington it possible, but as noted above, 99.999% not in the realm of possibilities.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

Well, now, got you looking so let's have a chat about a VERY unrealistic scenario. This stemmed from (1) addition of Big Zeke and (2) a recent article I read about Kuz dragging down Ovi's numbers ... Source: the ever reliable RMNB (Click here for Article).

So, in the spirit of Christmas, let's look at a scenario:

To: Vancovuer

Alexander Ovechkin (Washington retains 50%)

To: Washington

Podz ... I really like Podz and think he could blossom into a solid power forward, just not on the level of Todd Bertuzzi in his prime (one of my favorite all time Canucks player, still have his jersey in my closet hanging along side of Bieksa, Kesler, Petterson and Naslund)

4th in 2024 (lesser of the two Canucks have)

5th in 2025

Garland

Who says no ... other than just about every single poster that comes here to flame me ... go ahead, it is a slow Sunday and I have my asbestos underwear on.

44E8ECEF-CAA6-4195-B064-AB551942F63F.png.0a420b7cdba7f5384c8e268903fc061c.png

• Haha 3

21 hours ago, Alflives said:

44E8ECEF-CAA6-4195-B064-AB551942F63F.png.0a420b7cdba7f5384c8e268903fc061c.png

image.thumb.png.2558ba606d7c70cf11ffa7176a819db5.png

For those that haven't had the "pleasure", let me save you the trouble (1) DON'T - I tried it once and didn't open the can under water, ended up throwing away everything I was wearing and (2) had a Swedish friend "prepare" it properly and had to wash my mouth out with tequila straight out of the bottle to get rid of the taste.

Definitely an ACQUIRED taste, so I have been told.

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, nux_win said:

We already do.  Petey has the hardest shot in the NHL.  GCG!

Still, dare to dream, with Ovi on the team I would be tricked into attending at least 10 Canucks games this year as I would "just" happen to be in Vancouver on business when there was a Canucks game - like this Tuesday, I will be in Vancouver on business and "got invited" to a box suite by business associates. 

GO CANUCK GO!!!!!

Edited by Rocket-68