Haudenosaunee: Yes? No?

RupertKBD

Haudenosaunee, aka 6 Nations, or Iroqouis Nationals would like to compete under their own flag, when Lacrosse is an event at the 2028 Olympics in Los Angeles. Joe Biden is supporting the idea, as is Canadian Sports Minister, Carla Qualtrough.

The biggest issue is (of course) the IOC, which would have to make an exception to a rule that allows only teams that are part of an official National Olympic Committee to compete.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/olympics/article/canadas-sport-minister-supports-haudenosaunee-bid-to-play-lacrosse-at-2028-olympics/

I'm all for it. Anyone else?

Don't see why not, unless there are problematic rammifications of the rule exception, but I'd imagine you could just ammend the rule in such a way that allows indiginous nations, but not other weird loopholes.

• Cheers 1

58 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Don't see why not, unless there are problematic rammifications of the rule exception, but I'd imagine you could just ammend the rule in such a way that allows indiginous nations, but not other weird loopholes.

I say yes but I agree with AJ. As long as it's not going to let weird groups of people start doing it.

They already allow the prc and HKG to compete as separate entities, despite the prc's intent to make HKG "just another prc city" in everything except international representative status.

I'd welcome all First Nations and all indigenous groups to be independently represented at all IOC events.  Pretty sure the corrupt IOC wouldn't go for it though, since these indigenous groups wouldn't be subservient to their bribery schemes.