(Proposal) Kuzmenko (VAN) for Smith (PIT)

Not sure what this does for Pittsburgh, it's dollar in, dollar out and cold scoring winger in for a cold one going out.  Really doesn't help us too much either.

They also have Rakell and Rust out long-term, but the same two guys also have term, so Kuzmenko might get the help he needs next to Sid or Geno (or maybe he can replace Guentzel if he doesn't re-sign) but I personally would want to see a defenseman coming back for him, e.g. trade for their Pettersson instead of getting Reilly Smith (presuming you mean him and not Ty) who might not have a spot in the top-6 and so have his value diminish upon arrival (even with Marcus, frankly after getting Zadorov I'm not sure other-D-Petey would have much value here, since Soucy's still out).

1 hour ago, Phil_314 said:

Not sure what this does for Pittsburgh, it's dollar in, dollar out and cold scoring winger in for a cold one going out.  Really doesn't help us too much either.

They also have Rakell and Rust out long-term, but the same two guys also have term, so Kuzmenko might get the help he needs next to Sid or Geno (or maybe he can replace Guentzel if he doesn't re-sign) but I personally would want to see a defenseman coming back for him, e.g. trade for their Pettersson instead of getting Reilly Smith (presuming you mean him and not Ty) who might not have a spot in the top-6 and so have his value diminish upon arrival (even with Marcus, frankly after getting Zadorov I'm not sure other-D-Petey would have much value here, since Soucy's still out).

Well to quote Tocchet Kuzy isn't a F1 but I feel Pittsburgh is built up front with plenty of F1 type players that someone like Kuzy will complement their forward group.

Rust and Rakell being out is a big problem for them they need some skill up front before the window closes on Sid and Geno and I feel Kuzy can fit the pieces better there than Smith. 

Smith on the other hand, I think would fit perfectly next to Petey as F1 or Miller as F1. He might even complement Garlands playing style on line 3.

It's pretty much a trade to shake it up. 1/3 through the season and it's evident pitburghs needs some skill up front. Defensively they are solid.

1 minute ago, Dankmemes187 said:

come on... Kuzy is one of the most gifted players i have ever seen play, his hands are amazing.

Oh. Yes. I agree Kuz Misdike is a top six winger. But he needs to play with an elite centre and play the right way. Petey plays the right way.Once Kuz Missile figures out how to okay winning hockey he will start to score again, and in bushels. 

47 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Oh. Yes. I agree Kuz Misdike is a top six winger. But he needs to play with an elite centre and play the right way. Petey plays the right way.Once Kuz Missile figures out how to okay winning hockey he will start to score again, and in bushels. 

i dont think he will break out of his slump.. RT broke him.. the first thing he did when RT was hired was cut his ice time.. eventually demoting him and putting him in the pressbox.. Kuz is way too tentative with the puck ever since RT wants him to play a certain way.. i haven't seen him try to take any chances with the puck. i don't think kuz is any better defensively.. but now he's way too passive tentative offensively probably thinking one mistake he's going to be stapled to the bench the rest of the game