7 canucks in the top 50 +/- stats

iceman1964

Yes I know stats never tell the whole story but it's  good to see we have 7 in the top 50 and surprisingly enough Myers is 23rd but opposed to past years it's  definitely a step in the right direction.

And even after doubts that our boy Quinn Hughes was projected to not be that good defensively, he sure has upped his game to be 2nd in the league behind Barkov which is great to see, seems like coaching, although not perfect, it's definitely helping and Tocchet bringing Gonchar with him was exactly what the doctor ordered. 

No, we're hardly the poster boys of the NHL but things are definitely looking up, still work to do in the penalty taking area but we can only hope that will progress the more our team plays together with the new additions. 

Yes we could definitely use a tweak or two and more depth grown in the farm but at least we're not digressing and still in the top side of the standings instead of the bottom like some predictions had us at. 

Of course sometimes we fall into bad habits but hopefully time will clear that up and we can hang on to win more games and not spot opposing teams goals in the first period which would be a huge help but we definitely have caught the attention of the league not being the pushover team like so many years in the past. 

Edited by iceman1964
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

I mean there was a time when the top 3 scorers in the league were Canucks. Our PP sure has boosted a lot of our player's stats and we've taken a bit of a dip lately, but I think everyone can see that our core unit (who are still relatively young) are becoming one of the best in the league, but are also entering their prime. We've got two of the best centers in the league in Petey and Miller. One of the best scoring wingers right now in Boeser. Arguably the best defenceman in the league in Hughes, and our 2nd guy is maybe top-5 as well. Then there's our goalie who has dipped of late but is in the Vezina conversation.

Our core is certainly up there. Our depth guys are doing pretty well too to be honest. We don't have 20 goal scorers on our 3rd line, and seem to share the love with arguably plugs in our top-6 compared to some teams, but they're all contributing something and gelling really well which is a testament to Tocch's coaching style. He's really found a way to cover up our big weakness - lack of depth - by using our stars nicely and Allvin has done well to acquire certain depth guys who are playing out of their socks.

• Vintage 1

44 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

I mean there was a time when the top 3 scorers in the league were Canucks. Our PP sure has boosted a lot of our player's stats and we've taken a bit of a dip lately, but I think everyone can see that our core unit (who are still relatively young) are becoming one of the best in the league, but are also entering their prime. We've got two of the best centers in the league in Petey and Miller. One of the best scoring wingers right now in Boeser. Arguably the best defenceman in the league in Hughes, and our 2nd guy is maybe top-5 as well. Then there's our goalie who has dipped of late but is in the Vezina conversation.

Our core is certainly up there. Our depth guys are doing pretty well too to be honest. We don't have 20 goal scorers on our 3rd line, and seem to share the love with arguably plugs in our top-6 compared to some teams, but they're all contributing something and gelling really well which is a testament to Tocch's coaching style. He's really found a way to cover up our big weakness - lack of depth - by using our stars nicely and Allvin has done well to acquire certain depth guys who are playing out of their socks.

Yeah, Laffy turned out pretty good for us though hey? As far as I remember from looking, I think he was around 20ish overall in +/-