Hockey player, 11, dies days after getting hit by puck in Quebec

https://canoe.com/news/national/hockey-player-11-dies-days-after-getting-hit-by-puck-in-quebec/wcm/c6fe1daa-d1fe-4894-8a0a-68570a7a098e

SAINT-EUSTACHE, Que. — An 11-year-old boy has died after getting hit by a puck during a junior hockey league practice near Montreal earlier this week.

Article content

Police in the suburb of St-Eustache confirmed his death in a news release today, adding that they have informed the Quebec coroner’s office.

• Sad 8

Police say the boy was hit by accident and that he was wearing all the required protective equipment.

Multiple media have reported that the boy was hit in the neck, but police have not confirmed that information.

A tragedy regardless of how it happened, but if this is true, it makes it more painful knowing he was wearing the required gear.

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

Why is an 11 year old boy out on the ice practicing with junior players? 

This was my first thought as well. My 10 year old son was on the bench for warmups during the Cougars teddy bear toss the other night and this exact scenario entered my mind (fuck intrusive thoughts...) and I stressed about it for days beforehand.

Devastated for the family and the player who shot that puck. RIP little man 😢