First Canucks Goal Seen Live

I was just reading an article about these two Canucks fans from Belfast witnessing their first ever Canucks goal live.

This made me think of the first goal I ever witnessed live. Being from the Kootenays, going to the games at GM Place was not easily accessible for me but my first game was awesome.

It was game 7 of the 2007 playoffs against the Stars. I was at the lower bowl. This was only available for me due to a friend's friend not being able to go to the game because he got sick. Henrik Sedin from Daniel Sedin to tie the game at 1. This was followed by my first live GWG c/o Trevor Linden on the power play. That was awesome! Loud! Hair-standing! Goosebumps! Then followed by my first live ENG then second ENG! It was amazing!

This experience truly enhanced my homerism to the extent it is today.

What was your first live Canucks goal?

• Thanks 1

Can't remember the exact date, I would have to find the ticket stub. But it was in december 1996 against Detroit. It was a 3-2 Canucks win. Bit I still remember Adrian Aucoin picking the top corner from the blue line.

• Cheers 1

Oct 30 1993, Canucks vs Sabres at the Pacific Coliseum. Mogiliny got 2 goals, not sure if he opened the scoring but I remember marveling at how good he was, and wishing we had a player like that on our team! We lost the game 6-3, and I've been to two other Canucks games since and still haven't seen a win.

Edited by Strawbone
  • Cheers 1

first game I'm almost certain was a 5-3 loss to hartford circa 1996. I remember the guys in front of me heckling shanny, calling him "brenda" all game. 

don't remember the goals unfortunately. 

• Cheers 1

Pretty sure it was 92 in Edmonton.
Bure going down right wing boards and went top corner blocker side.
I swear I was the first person to react in the crowd.  Made me so happy to see him score.

I may have gone to see a game in Vancouver in the mid seventies.  I was so young, only image I recall is a goalie in blue flopping on the ice.

• Cheers 1

First Canucks goal Live:

November 13, 2016

Bo Horvat (A: Alex Burrows, Sven Baertchi)

So my first Canucks goal live is scored by Bo Horvat, and I will tell you that for free.

• Haha 1

Having grown up on Vancouver Island, going to a Canucks game was a very big deal.  I was almost 20 before I got to go to my first game.  It was the 1989 NHL Super Series game against CSKA Moscow.  The Canucks lost 6-0, so no Canuck goals scored.

My 2nd game, almost two years later, I received as a Christmas bonus from my work.  My boss gave me 2 tickets, passage on the Sealink Express ferry and hotel money.  It was the night Stan Smyl's jersey was retired and I didn't even know until I got there.  The Canucks won 7-2 and Larionov scored the first goal.  I have to admit though, I had to look it up.  I remember going to the game, but I didn't remember the details.  30+ years is a long time.  😀

• Cheers 1

Can't even remember, to be honest, but I think my first game was in my early 20s in the mid 2010s and I think it was a 2-1 loss to the Flames. I don't recall who scored, but I do remember a fight that night. Was a boring game, but still neat to actually be at a game for the first time.

• Cheers 1

March 1971. I was 7 years old, and after begging my dad he took me to the old Coliseum, the game was vs. California Golden Seals....and I've been hooked ever since.

While my recall has faded a bit, I still remember that a shitload of goals were scored, and the building was so loud lol.

I just looked it up (the score was 11 - 5 for VAN) 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

Had to look it up,luckily I still have the ticket stub in one of my photo albums.Petri Skriko from Robert Nordmark and Paul Reinhart against the Flames Dec 16,1988

we lost 5-3☹️

Edited by Cromeslab
  • Cheers 1

Would've been mid-90s (1995?  1996?) during a cold day in February - I don't think I went to a game prior to my university years, and this would've been during the Engineering Week festivities at UBC, so I don't recall who the visiting team was, I don't recall the final score, and I sure as heck don't recall who scored the first goal that I watched.  Mainly because I was most likely borderline passout-drunk.  :picard:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sophomore Jinx said:

March 1971. I was 7 years old, and after begging my dad he took me to the old Coliseum, the game was vs. California Golden Seals....and I've been hooked ever since.

While my recall has faded a bit, I still remember that a shitload of goals were scored, and the building was so loud lol.

I just looked it up (the score was 11 - 5 for VAN) 🤣🤣🤣

And that will be the score tonight vs Chicago!

A fellow can dream :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I still remember this like it was yesterday. I was working the ice cream stands at GM place and we cash out after the 2nd intermission and get to watch the rest of the game. I thought we scored in OT earlier and started booking it to beat the rush, then realized no one was leaving, so I popped back in and just in time to witness this goal live!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1