[Speculation] Lightning exploring market for D

15 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

Myers for their entire 2024 draft picks. 

That would be 

3rd

5th

6th

7th

7th

7th

I would just keep him unless we're using that cap space elsewhere and replace him with a better d.

38 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

With what assets?

Besides the above they have all their 2025 picks minus their 1st, and all their 2026 picks.

Edited by Gawdzukes
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

F yeah !!!

My dad just saw an interview with Tanev yesterday and apparently (confirmed) he has 1600 (1580) blocks in his career. 

Wow!

That after hours interview was brutal. They made about 100 tooth jokes (tanev was getting visibly annoyed), showed a bunch of clips of him blocking shots and asked him questions he couldnt really answer (about getting traded and where he will be next year).

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

That would be 

3rd

5th

6th

7th

7th

7th

I would just keep him unless we're using that cap space elsewhere and replace him with a better d.

Besides the above they have all their 2025 picks minus their 1st, and all their 2026 picks.

No id take that and run

49 minutes ago, Coryberg said:

That after hours interview was brutal. They made about 100 tooth jokes (tanev was getting visibly annoyed), showed a bunch of clips of him blocking shots and asked him questions he couldnt really answer (about getting traded and where he will be next year).

Was it that goof Scott Oake? It honestly blows me away how stupid and uncomfortable his questions are. Like super awkward and insulting. I'm surprised he hasn't been punched out and it simply blows my mind how CBC could possibly keep trotting him out there to completely embarrass Canada and hockey. I'd honestly rather listen to that Drance moron .... well not really but that's how bad he is.

• ThereItIs 1

48 minutes ago, MidKnight Ego said:
4 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

That would be 

3rd

5th

6th

7th

7th

7th

No id take that and run

Fair enough. I can't wait until we've seen the last of him either but he is currently a starter on the team. He needs to be replaced if he goes.

Calgary want a 1st and they don't have one until 2026. They desperately need a defenceman though, they've only got two guys over 2M cap hit and Hedman is playing out of his socks again to keep the D afloat. Tanev would fit in well there though.