Logo Editing Helllllllllllllllp!!!

So I am trying (and wondering if it is even possible) to take the skate logo and change the letters while keeping the same font. I also want to take the VC and change the colors to red/yellow and the letters to DJ.  I have PhotoShop and have tried my damndest to make it work to no avail. Any feedback or even assistance would be greatly appreciated as I am using this for part of an outfit I am designing. Grassy ass 😊

417224678_350125667802102_2794910113742114556_n.jpg

vancouver-canucks-logo-08C7674D92-seeklogo.com.png

There are some people on this forum that have demonstrated excellent editing / graphic design skills that may be able to help such as @Crimson JH @Chickenspear ... however, I don't think they would do anything substantial for free. There may be (most likely) would be some things such as copyright to consider depending on what you are trying to achieve. 

Good luck and please post whatever the results are of what you are trying to do. For the record, the flying skate is my favorite Canucks logo and in particular the black jersey with same.

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Cheers 2

The second one's probably easy enough as it's just a font, a couple letters and some colour matching. The first one though is likely hours of work and basically custom logo creation that most designers would probably start charging at multiple hundreds of dollars for (+ revisions). Especially with the trial and error likely required to make the new text "fit" visually in the existing logo and that that "text" is likely all custom linework, as I don't think there's a pre existing font for that.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, MidKnight Ego said:

Ill Work On the DJ... it doesnt seem too hard... Ill practise with my free photoshop called Gimp

Logo design is generally better using vector programs like AI, or the open source Inkscape or similar.

• Thanks 1

To answer everyone's questions:  I am starting wrestling training locally here in Texas and my character is named DJ Dushane from Climax, Saskatchewan. Yes it is a small town, but it is vibrating with excitement 😋

As a HUGE Nucks fan I want to make my ring gear a tribute to the team.  This is a HORRIBLE rough draft of what I am trying to achieve and yes, I understand editing the logo to DUSHANE instead of CANUCKS will be extensive and expensive lol.  I am open to changing the color scheme if it prevents me from a trademark issue, but this is just independent wrestling in Texas so I am not too worried.

DJD Ring Gear Designs.jpg

Edited by Odjickwillkillyou

37 minutes ago, Odjickwillkillyou said:

To answer everyone's questions:  I am starting wrestling training locally here in Texas and my character is named DJ Dushane from Climax, Saskatchewan. Yes it is a small town, but it is vibrating with excitement 😋

As a HUGE Nucks fan I want to make my ring gear a tribute to the team.  This is a HORRIBLE rough draft of what I am trying to achieve and yes, I understand editing the logo to DUSHANE instead of CANUCKS will be extensive and expensive lol.  I am open to changing the color scheme if it prevents me from a trademark issue, but this is just independent wrestling in Texas so I am not too worried.

DJD Ring Gear Designs.jpg

I'm not so sure the 2nd one is aesthetically sound with the 'J' (the 'V' works because it's a symmetrical letter lining up in the center properly, and the 'J' just kinda seems off), so I did up a quick alternate version as well, using the 3rd letter of your stage name.

Original:                                              Alternate:

Orig.design..png.f3b86243704b3c90534a1af511fab8d2.png              Altdesign.png.39202abb72e53f9b0f3b8d113e4a8baa.png

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chickenspear said:

I'm not so sure the 2nd one is aesthetically sound with the 'J' (the 'V' works because it's a symmetrical letter lining up in the center properly, and the 'J' just kinda seems off), so I did up a quick alternate version as well, using the 3rd letter of your stage name.

Orig.design..png.f3b86243704b3c90534a1af511fab8d2.png              Altdesign.png.39202abb72e53f9b0f3b8d113e4a8baa.png

Just a thought, maybe try rotating the J on an angle in the first one? It could also use some white/yellow contrasting like the red D.

Just now, aGENT said:

Just a thought, maybe try rotating the J on an angle in the first one? It could also use some white/yellow contrasting like the red D.

Yeah, I was thinking about it, but was just going off his color scheme.

test2.thumb.png.8ac1fcb049de58eeb0779a7f1f590b2b.png

Sorry for not producing a vector... I just figured its easier on your end with photoshop then it is on mine... First time using GIMP before... and my first time ever making a logo, not the worst...

Edited by MidKnight Ego
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Chickenspear said:

I actually kinda like the DJD vibe since it is also the initials.  Similarly a tribute to the team, but still staying somewhat original.  This gives me something to work with for sure so thank you so very much! 

• Cheers 1

16 hours ago, aGENT said:

I did these quick versions based off the forum graphics I did:

jd1.png.94791abe708da9f386f6c983bddb9018.png

jd2.thumb.png.34100099810d758647b557c26c2e3297.png

Dude these are a great idea for how I want it to look, but the stick in rink is super cool. Any way you can flip the JD to DJ? I also want to point out that this forum was responsible for me getting my tattoo back in 07 thanks to Pfizer who was on the old forum. Not sure if any of you remember, but the team did a story about it on CDC and that was how I got to know Jory as well. You guys always come through. 

53 minutes ago, Odjickwillkillyou said:

Dude these are a great idea for how I want it to look, but the stick in rink is super cool. Any way you can flip the JD to DJ? I also want to point out that this forum was responsible for me getting my tattoo back in 07 thanks to Pfizer who was on the old forum. Not sure if any of you remember, but the team did a story about it on CDC and that was how I got to know Jory as well. You guys always come through. 

Well it will look less symmetrical but I can probably do that later today 👍

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, aGENT said:

Well it will look less symmetrical but I can probably do that later today 👍

Maybe try the DJ horizontal for symmetry? I am working on some mockups with what I have and it looks pretty sick so far. I like the DUSHANE design if there was a way I could get the lines to resemble the skate look a bit more, but I know that takes time and patience. 

On 1/30/2024 at 4:00 PM, aGENT said:

I did these quick versions based off the forum graphics I did:

Was able to put this together with some elbow grease although it is not as clean as I would like I dig the concept. 

422737428_364837949702318_5307984170328386209_n.png

On 1/31/2024 at 6:27 AM, Odjickwillkillyou said:

Here's it is:

jd1.png.6de68bc47085ad38b24a7cf087eadc71.png

• Huggy Bear 1