Getting gritty with it! [Proposal]

We have come a long way in this regard. I love the compete from our slighter players. Garland Pete Hoglander Suter Hughes are all guys who are willing and able to battle against bigger stronger opponents in the dirty areas and make plays that are a key to our success. In my opinion, what we urgently require is a seasoned professional who brings grittiness and possesses some play making acumen. (Not freaking Kessel)  Someone who will galvanize our troops when we face opponents who will grind out low event 2-1 games against us. With the Canucks being top of the heap you better believe teams are feverishly creating a playbook to shut us down when the games matter. 

Targets. 

• Cal Clutterbuck 1.75M UFA. He's still going strong logging tons of mins for a guy of his ilk. He hits everything and is the definition of shutdown fwd starting a wide majority of his shifts in the D zone. He's incredibly tidy in terms of not taking bad penalties and actually has a positive PIMs ratio. He's 36 and would be hungry for a cup he's the type of guy you win with.

To NYI Aman + 4th 2025 might have to add but not too much.

To Van Buckbaclutt

• Garnet Hathaway 2.375M 1 year left. Again most importantly brings the physicallity without taking bad penalties. Not as good defensively as Clutterbuck but still able to log a solid amount of mins without being a liability. @32 he likely still has a few years in the tank. If we do a deal with Philly I'd like to also go after Seeler for D depth and added pugnacity. 

To Philly Aman + Friedman + 2nd 2025 + 4th 2025 + Klimovie 

To Van Hathaway + Seeler

• Colton Sissons 2.857 He's probably too expensive both in terms of cap and cost to acquire but absolutely worth it if we can pull some cap shenanegans with Soucy going on LTIR then maybe a conditioning stint as he's been quite injured this year.  Sissons IMO would be the ideal target to finish this roster heading into the playoffs. We would have to offer them a pretty tasty package that also helps their cap stay low with players who can jump in and play on the cheap during their big cap penalty years.  We can't be tossing them some Mikheyev package. We'll have to make the cap work on our end. 

To Nash  2nd 2025 + Aman + Raty

• Sam Carrick maybe he wants to go for a run with us? I've always liked him. We take another right shot C off the market further driving the price up even if only slightly. I wouldn't give up much it would have to be more of a case where he wants to come here and Anaheim is doing one of their long tenured vets a solid. 

To Dux Aman + McDonough + 6th

• Beck Malenstein I really liked him when we play'd Washington last he had 3 hits, 2 pims, 7 blocks ya 7 thats as many as Mik has this entire season, he started every shift in the D zone. Dude is a defensive beast. We would have to have intention to re sign him. I would probably over pay for this player as he would be a great fit now and for years to come. He could transform our PK which dispite everything is still our Achillies heel. 

To Caps Aman + Raty + 6th

Happy Friyay. 

Edit Philly proposal if Walker's a no. Seeler's maybe a better fit. We wouldn't have to move Mikheyev until the offseason in this scenario. 

Edited by TopChed

• TopChed changed the title to Getting gritty with it! [Proposal]
Just now, Pears said:

Philly wants at least a 1st for Walker. You aren't getting him for our spare parts. 

Then no thanks Torana can have em. I don't think he's worth it at least not for us. We don't need him that badly. Maybe we go after Hathaway + Seeler?

We do t know what’s happening w Bleugar going forward.  Id imagine the team works hard to get him re-signed and TB likes it in VAN.  

Aman is developing into a C much like Bleugar.  He’s cheap, effective, plays an important position and PKs well.  He is a Tocchett staples type of player. Plus I think he has upside so I wouldnt have him on the trade block and youll need him if TB walks.  

Cal C. though would bring that nasty element that would be nice. Hopefully no bad blood btw him and Boeser.  If NYI ends up selling I would give up some sort of future for him.   

41 minutes ago, AngryGoose said:

We do t know what’s happening w Bleugar going forward.  Id imagine the team works hard to get him re-signed and TB likes it in VAN.  

Aman is developing into a C much like Bleugar.  He’s cheap, effective, plays an important position and PKs well.  He is a Tocchett staples type of player. Plus I think he has upside so I wouldnt have him on the trade block and youll need him if TB walks.  

Cal C. though would bring that nasty element that would be nice. Hopefully no bad blood btw him and Boeser.  If NYI ends up selling I would give up some sort of future for him.   

I imagine Brock would prefer Cal have his back than break it. 

edit: As for Aman he's a natural C on a great contract for 2 more years. He's only going to get better. I have no beef with Aman. I have included him in the majority of these proposals as I feel other teams would see value in him as a player they can slot into their lineup right now as their 4C. We have the luxury of having him as an expendable with our C depth. Where I doubt teams would have as much interest in PDG as a winger, where PDG has shown he can play with Miller if we need him to so he may have more value to us than he has on the market. 

Edited by TopChed
  • Cheers 1