Brad the Rat Marchand named Captain

Marchand named Bruins captain, replaces Bergeron

Brad Marchard BOS named captain

© China Wong/NHLI via Getty Images

ByNHL.com
7:26 AM

Brad Marchand was named captain of the Boston Bruins on Wednesday.

The 35-year-old forward replaces Patrice Bergeron, who retired from the NHL on July 25 after playing his entire 19-season career for the Bruins.

Marchand is the fourth player to be named captain this month, along with Quinn Hughes of the Vancouver Canucks (Sept. 11), Adam Lowry of the Winnipeg Jets (Sept. 12) and Brayden Schenn of the St. Louis Blues (Sept. 19). 

Six NHL teams are without a captain: the Anaheim Ducks, Arizona Coyotes, Calgary Flames, Chicago Blackhawks, Philadelphia Flyers and Seattle Kraken.

More to come.

https://www.nhl.com/news/brad-marchand-named-captain-of-boston-bruins

Edited by AnthonyG
  • Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 1

7 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Just when I think I can’t hate this skating stool sample and his stupid team more.  

Well luckily for us, he will be captain of the worst era of Bruin hockey since the 60’s. They are headed for very dark times ahead….

It was a two horse race.  Him or Pasta.

I am with everyone else in the rat race regarding Marchand.  But we'd have KILLED to have a player like him at any point in time in our club history.  He was and is always a more complete Matt Cooke or Alex Burrows and it SUCKS because while he's absolutely easy to hate and want bad things to happen to.  We'd all accept a player exactly like him as one of our greatest ever players at a near ppg who has nearly hit the 100 point 100 PIMs mark a few times in his career and a 3rd round pick no less.

He'll be captain for 3-4 years before retiring and then it will go to another and the stink will wash off.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, timberz21 said:

I know he's a long time Bruins, but man, thought they would have given it to Pastrnak.

Ah well, I see a big regression coming for the Bruins and will be fun to watch and see Marchand take the blame.

Not sure why you would think that he's similar to Petey happier being an Alternate. I knew it would come down to Marchy or McAvoy. 

5 hours ago, Warhippy said:

It was a two horse race.  Him or Pasta.

I am with everyone else in the rat race regarding Marchand.  But we'd have KILLED to have a player like him at any point in time in our club history.  He was and is always a more complete Matt Cooke or Alex Burrows and it SUCKS because while he's absolutely easy to hate and want bad things to happen to.  We'd all accept a player exactly like him as one of our greatest ever players at a near ppg who has nearly hit the 100 point 100 PIMs mark a few times in his career and a 3rd round pick no less.

He'll be captain for 3-4 years before retiring and then it will go to another and the stink will wash off.  

It was always Marchand or McAvoy not Pasta.