[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Dallas Stars, Rogers Arena, March 28 7pm PST, the Winning Starts Here & Roll Into the Playoffs Game

Goals! Goals! Goals! Toughness  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Best 50 Goal Scorer to Never Score 60

• Marcel Dionne - end of list. Got 59 one year stop the presses.
    • Brendan Shanahan - yes, he piled in the rubber but he could also punch your face in doing it.
    • Mark Messier - let's forget the Vancouver Canuck years and he is my vote. What not to like, tough, goal scorer, guaranteed wins.
    • Bobby Hull - a pure goal scorer, 610 goals while taking time to play in the WHA ... oh what could have been. Smooth skater and played with an edge
    • None of the above, see my comment below.
  2. 2. Who would you add if you could reach back into the past for their prime years to add the toughness needed to survive to win 16 post season games? But out goes one of Petery, Miller, Lindholm or Boeser.

• Donald Brashear - hey, he developed silky hands for a tough guy
    • Bob Probert - nothing more needs to be said
    • Rick Tocchet - hell he would lace them up right now
    • Tic Toc is a bit of a cheat so can't chose that one otherwise there are way too many players to choose from. See my comment below with my vote of a tough guy that could also score a few timely goals.

1 minute ago, Rip The Mesh said:

We need to speak out about these home jerseys. there the best there's ever been.

I still think home whites were better than darks. Every visiting team looks similar now and we only get to see the visitors most boring jerseys. 
The homogeneity of home games isn’t as bad now since there are 10 alternate jerseys a year now. 
I disagree though, the blacks are great, the whites really look like plate of spaghetti. 

32 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

I used to collect the Standings ever weekly paper when I was about 12, trying to get the game on the old rabbit ears TV in my basement room. Only got the cbc games. 

Man that sounds like I was born in the 40's or something, yikes! 

• Cheers 2

These are the 2 most disrespected teams in the league. 
When healthy and on their games these are the best 2 teams in the league.  
Dallas has been great with Oettenger being relatively subpar. The Tanev add was great. Miro and Him taking almost 50 minutes of your right side D a night in the playoffs. They are going to be a tough out. 
Dak up in the top 6 is great. How long until Tocch just put Pettey between him and Garland. I think 2nd period. I would think Hogz would be great fit with JTM and Brock. Brock has really cooled off since he hit 30, Hogz may be the kick of energy he needs. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Bet you when the Canucks win the cup.

The last game Boeser, Garland, and Lindholm will score.

And despite winning the cup some folks on CDC and CFF will probably complain that Petey and Miller didn't score when it mattered....

Some seem to complain for the sake of complaining.

The score could be 4-1 and the fans would complain Demko didn't get a shut-out.

10 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

My favourite band with an accordion.

Ha, my daughter loved/saw them. I still have a concert tee somewhere around here.

• MillerTime 1

35 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

These are the 2 most disrespected teams in the league. 
When healthy and on their games these are the best 2 teams in the league.  
Dallas has been great with Oettenger being relatively subpar. The Tanev add was great. Miro and Him taking almost 50 minutes of your right side D a night in the playoffs. They are going to be a tough out. 
Dak up in the top 6 is great. How long until Tocch just put Pettey between him and Garland. I think 2nd period. I would think Hogz would be great fit with JTM and Brock. Brock has really cooled off since he hit 30, Hogz may be the kick of energy he needs. 

It's going to be a great pre-playoff game tune up. A great test for us at the right time. Good point on Hoggy. He has that spark quality about him. 

• Cheers 2

41 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

I used to collect the Standings ever weekly paper when I was about 12, trying to get the game on the old rabbit ears TV in my basement room. Only got the cbc games. 

Man that sounds like I was born in the 40's or something, yikes! 

I did the same too with the newspapers. I didn't get to see games either for a long time.

• ThereItIs 1

4 hours ago, 27 Percent said:

Things to look for tonight

Petey disappearing act

The powerless play

Tocchet neglecting to use his time out 

Again, still searching for the other 73 percent of your intelligence?

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

You guys need to up your accordion game ... Lol

Challenge accepted ... adding a bit of culture to the godlessness heathens that roam this forum ... no this isn't me, Youtube didn't exist when I was rocking the squeeze box ... La Campanella on a piano accordion (closest version the one I played in the LA competition) rather than the button accordion (Bayan) many have played.

The bellow shakes this guy throws in is quite something ... brings a tear to my eye going down memory lane.

• Like 4