What Are You Listening To ~ Canadian Edition

Cerridwen

A good way to keep a bit of him around.

One thing about CDC going under is the loss of profiles, historic threads and the like, some of those are mementos to posters and times that have come and gone. It's a modern thing to ponder but the erasure of one's online footprint is a sobering thought, having online bits left behind can be good. Facebook, instagram and other sorts of profiles leaving behind pictures and videos of loved ones, that sort of thing. 

Sometimes the mementos we make are all we have. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

@Jack Gordon so Were the collectors comprised of the same musicians ? Or was chilliwack a total different band with it musicians ? The collectors was a little before my time. I know Ross tourney and Claire Lawrence were with chilliwack at the start. Lawrence went on to do music with the beachcombers series. 

Edited by Chon derry

17 minutes ago, Chon derry said:

@Jack Gordon so Were the collectors comprised of the same musicians ? Or was chilliwack a total different band with it musicians ? The collectors was a little before my time. I know Ross tourney and Claire Lawrence were with chilliwack at the start. Lawrence went on to do music with the beachcombers series. 

It's the same group Grapes, just with Bill Henderson taking over the role as lead singer from Howie Vickers.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Jack Gordon said:

It's the same group Grapes, just with Bill Henderson taking over the role as lead singer from Howie Vickers.

Opus x. Being chilliwacks final album was good. A very refined version of chilliwack. It was sad because Brian McLeod and Ab Bryant both being much younger than Henderson wanted to go heavier and then the headpins were born. At the time the headpins were Bcs heaviest band. I would have loved to see chilliwack go on from that. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Chon derry said:

Agreed. There isn’t an older commercial fisherman on this coast that doesn’t have this song cranked. Up here on the north coast this song is alive and well  50 years later. 

That whole album is great from start to finish. At one time it was the only Canadian album to get the highest rating in Rolling Stone.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jack Gordon said:

That whole album is great from start to finish. At one time it was the only Canadian album to get the highest rating in Rolling Stone.

Henderson never sold out to the US market with somehow attaching the song and relating it to something in the US. He remained honestly creative not needing to resort to it. A Canadian treasure Indeed. 

• Like 1