92 - 23 - 21

24 - 83 - 8

65 - 53 - 18

Pettersson - Miller - Boeser

Podkolzin - Lindholm - Hoglander

Suter - Joshua - Garland

Mikheyev - Blueger - Lafferty

Logic behind each line.

Line 1: Lotto line has been proven to be our best line ever crafted in this era. It's worked for multiple coaches and always comes up clutch. The limited time we saw them together tonight they all came to live. Boeser looked dangerous, petey had moments. Together they are fantastic. The Aves don't break up their top line, let the top line drive us. Balanced scoring isnt working.

Line 2: We are heavily under utilising Lindholm as a third line center when our top six isn't able to produce. He is so clearly a top 3-4 forward player on this squad. The idea of him as a 3C is great but without the right type of wingers he's being wasted. Put him in top six to help create offence. The guy was Calgary's best forward in the years I watched.

Line 3: It has been a proven commodity and was the leagues best third line prior to Dakota's injury.  They will do positive things on their time on ice. Let them cook on that third line. Physical, fast, and effective. 

Line 4: Speed.. Speed.. Speed.. add in some physicality and experience. That line should hold itself above water and I like the speed combo of mickles and Laff. Why can't that line create some offence well putting on a good forecheck.

Summary:

I believe the Lindholm addition was a good one. I also believe since he's come into the lineup they haven't been able to find lines that have fit as well as prior to his arrival. He is a net benefit, but he needs to be utilised properly. Petey is struggling because of his usage. He needs better players then hogs and Mickles. Petey isn't Sidney Crosby or McDavid. He needs legitimate wingers to get him jumpstarted.

On defence I feel we are short of 1 rush defender. Myers has been that at times. When he gets back his breakout will help. Juules I'm not even going to talk about. He made some mistakes being over eager tonight. That will hopefully get ironed out of his game if he gets more reps. Penalties, bad reads etc. 

In net. We have Silovs. The world championship winner goalie with a stellar short game sample size nhl record. We gucci in net. I hope.

• Like 1

No complaints about the effort tonight - seems they worked their b*tt off in the third and latter part of the second - missed chances, blocked shots, posts - you name it.  Saros played well.  Thought DeSmith was fine as the Canucks could only muster 1 goal.  

Probably a day off the ice tomorrow - maybe review game tape and see what they can do better.  I believe you will see Nashville attack + fore-check a bit more at home rather than sit back - if the Canucks are to split, think DeSmith (or Silov) will need to steal one of the next two though.

As JR noted earlier this year - its solid playoff team but you can hope injuries don't derail your goal too much. I don't buy all the stuff about "injuries just part of the game" - To win the Cup, you do need some luck in the health department.   Hard to say where some of the other playoff teams would be missing one of their core players - (eg. no McDavid and Oilers could not beat Arizona)

justwin.jpg

7 minutes ago, HOCKEYGOD77 said:

WHEN THE PREDATORS BLOCK SO MANY SHOTS AND FORM THAT WALL CANUCKS NEED TO SHOOT HIGH HATE TO SEE ANYONE GET HURT BUT THEY NEED TO FIGURE OUT THE WALL THEY CREATE..EITHER CANUCKS TOO SLOW OR CHANGE UP THE PLAN TO PLAN B

Let them block the shots. Clap them hard so they get hurt. lol. They may shy away.

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

We got to go all in on the first 2 lines.  Hoglander and Mikheyev are just playing brutal right now.

Pettersson     Miller           Boeser

Joshua           Lindholm     Garland

Mikheyev       Suter           Podkolzin

Hoglander     Blueger        Lafferty

This is how I would play it next game.  Get the Russians together and bring Podkolzin back in the lineup.  The Italian needs to sit in the press box and eat some pizza.  Hoglander is not playing well, so move him back to the 4th line for now and let him get his game back.

Yeah, but then people would accuse you of line blending/juggling and you don't know what you're doing with lines. 

And since you are Petey ... They also say you need to get on the scoreboard and stop being so streaky. 

Lose - lose. Tough gig. 

• Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 1

I think the lines as currently constructed work well for our style of play. It tilts the ice in our favour but if you can't translate that into goals then its a moot point.

Just now, AnthonyG said:

CALM THE FUCK DOWN. Dont give up on this team. Adversity builds winners.

CF overall chances/attempts for

CA overall chances/attempts against 

SCF scoring chances for

SCA scoring chances against

HDCF high danger chances for

HDCA high danger chances against

xGF expected goals for

xGA expected goals against

5v5 Overview

64CF

21CA

SCF 30

SCA 13

HDCF 14

HDCA 7

xGF 2.95

xGA 1.12

All situations overview 

84CF

36CA

SCF 39

SCA 20

HDCF 16

HDCA 10

xGF 3.34

xGA 2.39

IN THE FUCKING 3RD PERIOD ALONE WE HAD 37 ATTEMPTS TO THEIR 13. 

PK 100%
PP - needs to be better

FOW 58%

we are controlling the large, very large majority of the play…. THIS IS NOT SUSTAINABLE FOR NASHVILLE.

All that data speak. I like it but I don't understand what any of those acronyms stand for.

4 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

SCF scoring chances for

xGF expected goals for

5v5 Overview

64CF

21CA

SCF 30

SCA 13

HDCF 14

HDCA 7

xGF 2.95

xGA 1.12

All situations overview 

84CF

36CA

SCF 39

SCA 20

HDCF 16

HDCA 10

xGF 3.34

xGA 2.39

PK 100%
PP - needs to be better

FOW 58%

we are controlling the large, very large majority of the play…. THIS IS NOT SUSTAINABLE FOR NASHVILLE.

Does this come with a decoder ring?

• Haha 4

10 minutes ago, Joshua.Guy said:

No but they know where we're going at all times. Dump and chase, up the wall to a dman, muffin from the point. Easy D

RT have been good this year but his ability to adjust in game heck game to game have been a bit disappointing. Feels like the Canucks live and die 1 style and doesn’t have a backup plan if it doesn’t work. Advance stats doesn’t really mean anything.. we dominated LA in advance stats too we barely won once in OT and got clobbered every other game. They need to figure out some adjustment and actually figure out how to get shots on net.. there’s prolly things they are doing or reasons why they manage to block so many shots 

5 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

SCF scoring chances for

xGF expected goals for

5v5 Overview

64CF

21CA

SCF 30

SCA 13

HDCF 14

HDCA 7

xGF 2.95

xGA 1.12

All situations overview 

84CF

36CA

SCF 39

SCA 20

HDCF 16

HDCA 10

xGF 3.34

xGA 2.39

PK 100%
PP - needs to be better

FOW 58%

You explained it for people upfront with definitions. Lol.

I appreciate that. 😉

2 hours ago, Trebreh said:

time to call out Pettersson.

Every time the first unit come out on the PP, EP is automatically sent out there. Since the All Star game he’s been extremely hesitant when the puck comes his way. Receives the puck, stops and looks around. Dude needs to  let her rip like he used to. 

Haven’t seen that quick one timer into the top shelf for way too long.

EP should be demoted to PP 2 until he gets his mojo back, recovers from whatever injury might have, or gets his head back on straight. 

I really like this player, but sometimes a guy needs some tough love.  I want him to succeed. If he fails, the team suffers.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

You explained it for people upfront with definitions. Lol.

I appreciate that. 😉

my brain is to tired for that lol. feel like im looking at an alien language.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rush said:

So I went for a walk to clear my head. 

1. This adversity imo is good for the squad. It will only make them better as they work thru things.

2. The ability to work thru these issues against the weakest West seed in NSH is a luxury. Against a better opponent this could tank us).

3. That Casey chant.. well that was something.. lol. Why we did that I do not know. It was clearly a distraction with everything else going on.

4. The series is tied 1-1, It is now essentially a Best of 5. We have lots of time to make adjustments.

5. It's time to bring in Podkolzin. You can't tell me PDG can have more impact then podz. Because you would be wrong. 

6. The top six has been to diluted of actual top 6 wingers. It's time to concentrate a top six. We had the leagues best 3rd line prior to Dakota's injury.. it's capable of being great. Put Lindholm as a center piece for line 2 with 2 of mikeyev, hogz and/or podz.

7. Be calm and patient with the puck next game. We rushed way to many decisions tonight when we could have simply held on to the puck and looked for the better option. NSH was trying to force us into bad plays and we took the bait.

8. HIT THE NET OR THE defender... Do not shoot wide for tips as often.

9. Trust your instincts and shoot. Be decisive.

that is my 9 suggestions for what we gotta do. We also got silovs who's won a world championship. we got a backup backup. we gucci, trust the process.

Great post. Agreed on all counts.

2 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

Superstars?? 

We don't have any superstars. A superstar is a Mckinnon, or a McDavid. 

Miller, Hughes, Petey, Brock are not superstars. They are stars

Our stars sucked balls. Play like this next game, and it's going to be over before the series has even started. 

But maybe this team needs to exit early, and learn like any other team. Their play isn't cutting it. First round exit. 

Yikes!

Sorry, that I couldn’t keep you from being absorbed by the dark side.

I hope the bandwagon is full of many, many more never-say-die fans, who remain unyielding to histrionics or pessimism. 

Go Canucks Go!!

Edited by viking mama
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

Superstars?? 

We don't have any superstars. A superstar is a Mckinnon, or a McDavid. 

Miller, Hughes, Petey, Brock are not superstars. They are stars

Our stars sucked balls. Play like this next game, and it's going to be over before the series has even started. 

But maybe this team needs to exit early, and learn like any other team. Their play isn't cutting it. First round exit. 

Hughes is definitely a superstar 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, erkayloomeh said:

Desmith was not the problem. Our inability to break through on the offense 

He made like 11 saves, I get that he wasn’t the problem but is 14 saves too much to ask? 

1 hour ago, Captain Kirk said:

Not even mad or sad just apathetic, so used to this kind of thing over my last 30 years of watching them that it doesn't ever really matter anymore.

I swear if they ever won the Stanley cup I’d quit cheering for them. It just wouldn’t be the same. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, PistolPete13 said:

Every time the first unit come out on the PP, EP is automatically sent out there. Since the All Star game he’s been extremely hesitant when the puck comes his way. Receives the puck, stops and looks around. Dude needs to  let her rip like he used to. 

EP should be demoted to PP 2 until he gets his mojo back, recovers from whatever injury might have, or gets his head back on straight. 

I really like this player, but sometimes a guy needs some tough love.  I want him to succeed. If he fails, the team suffers.

definately injured

Edited by RU SERIOUS

39 minutes ago, PistolPete13 said:

If Pettersson plays even 70% of his capability, regardless whos in goal, we should win this series. He's been atrocious, its like he forgot how to play hockey