[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Nashville Predators | May 3rd, 4:00PM PT | Round 1, Game 6 (Canucks lead series 3-2)

12 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Why would he? 

He's a competitive SOB and knows the team has a chance to go deep in the playoffs.  Players always want to play if they can.   I'm sure the coaching staff will make the right decision and not risk further injury.  The windows is not just this yr.  2-3 yrs.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

I think the canucks were lucky to be up 3-1 and now 3-2. 

better find another step or this goes back van and Nashville moves on to Edmonton 

1 minute ago, Grinch said:

I think the canucks were lucky to be up 3-1 and now 3-2. 

better find another step or this goes back van and Nashville moves on to Edmonton 

Or unlucky due to losing Demko after game 1.   Doesn't matter how it's done.  Win the series whatever it takes.  They definitely haven't played their best game yet. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

He's a competitive SOB and knows the team has a chance to go deep in the playoffs.  Players always want to play if they can.   I'm sure the coaching staff will make the right decision and not risk further injury.  The windows is not just this yr.  2-3 yrs.  

I don't think Demko would rush back if he stands to do permanent, irreparable damage. Makes no sense.

15 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

He would definitely feel pressure to get back into the series and help the team. That's tough for someone so competitive. Especially with playoffs on the line.

He's likely chomping at the bit to play but needs to temper and manage that within himself and also surrender to the team. Has to be careful not come back too quickly.

Frustrating spot to be in so quickly into the playoffs. 

2 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

If they play 60 minutes like the 1st period of the last game they will be fine. Just they got to move the puck quicker, and get the Preds to be out of shot blocking position and pepper him with shots.

Even JT admitted that you cannot carry the play for 60 minutes of a playoff game. Neither team has dogged it at any point this series.There are waves of momentum for each side. I don’t know what the Preds have to do to earn some people’s respect. They are a really good team that will have us on our heels no matter how hard we play. 

• Cheers 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, DexM94 said:

Oups miss the info. Too bad he has so much to bring to this team instead of Suter who miss scoring chances after scoring chances. 

Gotta remember 

hes getting those chances because he knows where to be and miller and boeser know where he will be.

and many of those chances are deflecting off preds d men and change course for Suter

put podz in and they all have to adjust

Edited by Johnny

9 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Fan Question; does anyone else become more superstitious in the playoffs? 

Lol, my remotes have to be in a certain position. Gross, ugg, I may need meds.

3 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

Even JT admitted that you cannot carry the play for 60 minutes of a playoff game. Neither team has dogged it at any point this series.There are waves of momentum for each side. I don’t know what the Preds have to do to earn some people’s respect. They are a really good team that will have us on our heels no matter how hard we play. 

Yup.  Nashville was playing lights out coming into the playoffs. I thought we still had the edge, but it was more like a 60% - 40% odds.

Then Demko went down and it became a 55%-45% odds. Canucks will still have to work their butts off, and get a little puck luck to win this.  Petey stepping up, (like Nylander did for TO) would be nice.

• Cheers 2

26 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Or unlucky due to losing Demko after game 1.   Doesn't matter how it's done.  Win the series whatever it takes.  They definitely haven't played their best game yet. 

Perfect point. It's like people forgot very quickly we won the 1st game looked pretty good,  out chanced them 10-1 in the 2nd game without our #1 goalie... Sure 3/4 were lucky wins we could have easily lost both but all the games have been close really. With a rookie goalie and a career backup not too shabby. The lack of shots on net and dirty goals is #1 worry for me.