NHL Draft Order (Potentially) Leaked

21 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Can someone remind me again why I'm supposed to think Yzerman is a genius? his team should not be on this board, again. 

Detroit was never going to be a short-term turnaround, progress has been made though. One more win and they'd have been a playoff team and suddenly the narrative looks very different. 

I think how they follow up this season will be critical, can they actually claw their way back in? They're lumped in with Pittsburgh, Philly, Buffalo, Long Island, Washington, New Jersey, and Ottawa. There's even a chance that Tampa slips down, they were very, very dependent on Kucherov this season and I'd be surprised if he hit 140ish points again. 

It's a tough league, lot of teams out east are trying to either remain competitive (Pittsburgh, Washington, Long Island, Philly, Tampa) or take that next step (Buffalo, Ottawa, Detroit, New Jersey).

Only eastern teams I'd say are probably locks next season are the Rangers, Hurricanes, Panthers, and Bruins. Toronto's tougher to gauge, we could see significant change in Toronto, I reckon they're probably a playoff team though. 

• Cheers 2

30 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Detroit was never going to be a short-term turnaround, progress has been made though. One more win and they'd have been a playoff team and suddenly the narrative looks very different. 

I think how they follow up this season will be critical, can they actually claw their way back in? They're lumped in with Pittsburgh, Philly, Buffalo, Long Island, Washington, New Jersey, and Ottawa. There's even a chance that Tampa slips down, they were very, very dependent on Kucherov this season and I'd be surprised if he hit 140ish points again. 

It's a tough league, lot of teams out east are trying to either remain competitive (Pittsburgh, Washington, Long Island, Philly, Tampa) or take that next step (Buffalo, Ottawa, Detroit, New Jersey).

Only eastern teams I'd say are probably locks next season are the Rangers, Hurricanes, Panthers, and Bruins. Toronto's tougher to gauge, we could see significant change in Toronto, I reckon they're probably a playoff team though. 

that sounds quite mid to me. 

5 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

3:30pm Pacific Time.

Watch it on The Hockey Guy livestream. He and Yvonne were way more entertaining and no Gary.

The draft went in order. Has that ever happened?

No kidding. No coverage either by the big networks. Weird.

21 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

3:30pm Pacific Time.

Watch it on The Hockey Guy livestream. He and Yvonne were way more entertaining and no Gary.

The draft went in order. Has that ever happened?

Fun fact, I saw him this year at a Canucks game and said hello. Nice dude.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, flat land fish said:

Good for San Jose they were terrible and needed that pick more than anyone else by far.

Agreed, their fans certainly deserve it too

I'm jealous though, wish we'd won the lottery at least once while we were bottom feeders