Scientists At Harvard And Google Map A Tiny Portion Of A Human Brain

https://interestingengineering.com/science/brain-map-1400-tb-harvard

This article concentrates on the biological aspects of mapping a living piece of human brain and what it takes to eventually map a mouse's entire brain as a first step in mapping an entire human brain. 

My interest is more on the aspect of artificially recreating a functioning human brain through technology.  That's where you're going to get true artificial intelligence that could develop a consciousness that could also some day equal or more likely rival a human intelligence.  The storage in just a square millimeter of our brain is 1400 TB.  That's a staggering amount of storage to recreate artificially using today's off the shelf technology.  Now do the math on an entire adult sized brain.

When I was young in my late teens and early 20's, I had hoped to some day see the beginning of true human-based artificial intelligence that would be the initial step of creating an artificial consciousness.  After reading this short article, that first step in technologically recreating a human brain is not likely to happen for several more decades.

The creepy thing is that when it does happen, attention will then turn to copying living human brains/consciousness into containers/computers.  Nobody alive now will be alive to see that happen though.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Luckily I don't have one.

A mouse brain?  I hope not.  That would be odd.  😂

Your human brain is just fine.  A bit addicted to the Mediaite website, but everyone has their own joys in life.  😉

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

A mouse brain?  I hope not.  That would be odd.  😂

Your human brain is just fine.  A bit addicted to the Mediaite website, but everyone has their own joys in life.  😉

Addicted to many things.... like pizza.....hot wings...beer....playing Mario Kart on the Wii U with my son....collecting guitars....buying stereo equipment...

And of course life.

• Cheers 1