GDT - CANUCKS vs OILERS. GAME 6 - Finish Them! 5pm PST.

3 minutes ago, Mr Wrong said:

Edmonton faces elimination.

They must be scared. 

Are you having a stroke?

Should we dispatch a wellness check?

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Hairy Kneel said:

It's pretty fu'p'ed  how snake bit Cole has been. The hockey demons have definitely been using him to score on us! I cannot believe his puck luck or lack thereof.  Cole needs an exorcism for his bad mojo.

WTH is going on with him. If he scores one more against us, they really need to bring him behind the shed like Old Yeller. And grandpa bring your shot gun. If he scores against us one more time they can drop him off at the grey hound downtown. 

Brother it’s an enigma…..

IMG_1615.gif

Edited by The Aquaman
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Drive-By Body Pierce said:

Are you having a stroke?

Should we dispatch a wellness check?

I am a magician, this is my spell, my spell, my spell, my spell…

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Mr Wrong said:

I am a magician, this is my spell, my spell, my spell, my spell…

I feel as though you haven't had a lot of ice time...

Unless maybe one or more shifts happened to end with some substantial body checks.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Rip The Mesh said:

The destroyers have arrived in town...

PK as well as in game 5 and it will be a non contest... 

McD and Dry looked tired in game 5... They are feeling the pounding... keep staple them to the boards...

Canucks in 6...

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

8 hours ago, stawns said:

OEL going to the conference finals

Great lets meet him in the finals and let him pay back for the years of cap penalty we'll have to endure, as his play forced managements hand...

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, helmetparade said:

Let the tears flow in Edmonton

Finish 'em off, boys!

Go Canucks Go!!!!!

:towel::towel::towel::towel:

:towel::towel::towel:

:towel:

• Like 1
  • chaos 1
  • MillerTime 1

7 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Miller is a more likeable Kesler, with less doucheness. And higher offensive ceiling.

I'd suggest he is more clutch than Kesler, but Kesler was a beast too...

McD would have had nightmares with Kesler on his tail as well....

• Like 2
  • ThereItIs 1

7 hours ago, Steamer4GM said:

Some fun trash talk on a Facebook hockey group 

Some typical Coiler fan yelling at Canucks fans for blaming refs and claiming it’s all been completely fair and the same to both teams. Just playoff hockey blah blah blah

I say…

if you believe the officiating and discipline fields in this series have been anywhere close to even, it’s you who has rose coloured specs man. 

I get that it’s the playoffs and all teams play harder and get away with a ton and it’s part of what many of us love about the tournament and the game itself

And I hate it when ppl pin losses on the refs. Suck it up and fight through it

But I challenge you to show us comparables to the following to prove there’s been no league bias given to Vancouver’s opposition in this one

Quinn Hughes gets bloodied by a high stick and the ref doesn’t even bother to consult with his on ice crew to see if anyone saw it (major penalty averted)

Tyler Meyers is bloodied by a 2 handed crosscheck to the face but only the double minor for high sticking is called (major and a game and possibly a suspension or fine averted)

Soucy and Zadorov get suspension and game respectively (deserved) for retaliating after the final whistle.

Hyman gets nothing for identical crosscheck to Zadorov’s face in the same play (suspension averted)

Pettersson gets what most are calling the strangest penalty in SCPlayoff history for Charging without even moving from his position on the ice except to spin and jump to avoid a charging opponent (penalty averted AND given incorrectly in same play - not as fired up about this one as similar but less crazy blunders happen to all teams unfortunately but, again, show me a comparable)

God luck man. Enjoy game 6 if ya can 😉

As expected, he comes back with absolutely nothing then congratulates me for winning the internet lol

I can’t let that slide haha …

nice deflection sir!!

I don’t care about the internet or anyone else here. I just THOUGHT someone bellowing so loudly about there being no unfair treatment of another team would have the goods to back up a simply stated, clear and respectful argument

I’m just disappointed. Would much prefer an informed exchange over low hanging trash talk but hey, it’s your thread after all lol

So

Just admit it…

You can’t name a single comparable because there are none and yet the Nux are still owning the series, battling like warriors and destroying the opposition despite the biased treatment the NHL golden boy and co are being given as usual

Luckily I hear there’s no shortage of free tee times in Deadmonton for Sunday morning 😉

Maybe if the divemaster spots ol’ Leon a stroke or two he won’t walk in the summer

Oh well, you’ll always be among the best in the regular season

Maybe chicken noodle will come back n show he’s learned how to stop pucks again 🤔

In all seriousness though, have fun tomorrow night. I hope it’s another great game. Great time of year to be a Canadian hockey fan 😎

TLDR;

I can be a real ass when I wanna be

F what Oiler fans say or think... We know the truth... Seen every game, so their opinion is irrelevant...

There has been the typical missed/wrong calls both ways, and then a few head scratchers to top it off... 

Its been a great series, and I'd suggest even neutral fans would have liked it... Don't think anyone expected McD to be this well contained...

If/When we go through, the boys will have gained a massive amount of self belief, as Jannik Hansen said in his interview, we weren't good a winning 1 goal game before... now we can keep it tight and are in the fight until the end... It matters in playoff hockey.

Now let f'ing go and nail these Mf's to the masthead.... GCG ☠️🏴‍☠️

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

10 hours ago, cripplereh said:

Heads will roll in Edmonton when we finish it.

Bet one of McDavid or Drai will want out.

If not doubt they make the finals.

The Oil and Laughs just need big changes and their GM's don't see it.

I wanted all the feel good vibes I could get of our triumphant effort and win in game 5. Yesterday morning I got to page 13 in the PGT thread and was gonna go through the rest this morning. Wowzers! It went from 30 to 50 pages and says,  This topic is now closed to further replies.

So I didn't read the rest as I wanted. But the feel; good vibes live on, man! 

J.....T.........MILLERRRRRRRRRR>>>>>

LET'S GO PETEY!!!!

Go Canucks Go!!!!!

:towel::towel::towel::towel:

:towel::towel::towel:

:towel:  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

7 hours ago, Rip The Mesh said:

I wouldn't want a rash decision. When we get to the next round; Could back-up I think.

the legend of rick tocchet steadily grows. 

after game 1 in round 1, thatcher is injured and absolutely distraught, crying, and tocc, knowing demmer will be out until round 3, says "hey, don't worry, just get healthy, because we're still going to be playing when you're better and we're going to need you." 

here we are now, still alive on the back of our third string, on the brink of advancing, and a game or 2 away from demmer being ready to come back. 

if the canucks pull this series out, demmer is going to bubble demko dallas. our team doesn't lose in conference finals. 

• Vintage 1
  • Desmenko 1

6 hours ago, 5 min Major said:

As it so happens…..Clip is from an early season EDM game…. 

EDM suucks so hard…. unsportsmanlike and cheap

Wish the Media would call it as it is… obvious for all to see

They will.....Once McD leaves...

• ThereItIs 1