[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | May 20th, 6:00PM PT | Round 2, Game 7 (Series tied 3-3)

5 minutes ago, coolboarder said:

This may actually be a blessing in disguise because we may get sympathy from everybody from inner hockey circle and get some calls in our favor and give us some break than we would have gotten otherwise for tomorrow.   It is a human nature to feel for us and actually work in our favor and may be a turning point of the franchise history to set the tone for the future.  Everybody recognize that, I'm sure, even our haters are feeling bad for us at the moment. We'll see how they might react and how they might call this for tomorrow and immediate in near future.   They know that our PP is not very good currently and would get even worse.  This is a cutthroat business and might not get sympathy from the Oilers fans because they also want to win.  Any whining from the Oilers players in Game 7 to the ref might turn them off after seeing we don't have any full line-up so we'll see.  If it was a broken leg, we might not be getting any ounce of sympathy but it's a blood clot and health issue is a serious thing so I think it does make a big difference on how anyone might react. 

every team deals with injuries, nobodys giving us an ounce of sympathetic treatment

Hughes and Petey need to step up big or the seasons over

• Like 2

Hoglander Miller Suter

Podkolzin Pettersson Mikheyev

Joshua Lindholm Garland

DiGiusseppe Blueger Aman

Could these be the lines tomorrow? I'm kinda reading between the lines cause today was an optional skate but this is prob close to what we will see, judging by JPats tweet.

28 minutes ago, Canuck You said:

Oilers certainly hired a genius!

image.jpeg.885172da3d0e179de6bc73d0376b2159.jpeg

The rink is behind them. Are they worried that the zamboni is going to break down?

• Like 1

It's been a great season, no matter what. Absolutely true. Some amazing and clutch performances that we'll all remember for a long time.

The thing that makes me so nervous for tomorrow is that I get the sense this could be our best shot at making a long run.

Several of the players that have stepped up big time in the playoffs are UFAs, and I doubt we'll be able to keep this team together. The player that we did give a huge raise to...well...we all know.

So, as much as I think this has been a tremendous success no matter what happens tomorrow, I can't get over the feeling of this being the best opportunity for this generation of the team.

2 hours ago, NucksNation said:

You know what else causes blood clots? The Vaccine. The fact pple like you are trying to pretend it doesn’t is pretty fucking weird considering I know multiple pple with major issues from having g multiple vaccines confirmed by their doctors. That weirdo singer? Seriously? Correct break it to you but he’s clearly a lot smarter than you. But what do you expect  from an old woman obsessed with Miller who has a family and kids and spends her life on a message board arguing with literally everyone. Talk about weird.

You know what else causes blood clots?

Injuries.  I had a real bad mountain biking injury and a few days later developed clots.  You've already been flamed on the Reddit sub, you really want to shred the rest of your credibility here?  

I got the jab 4 years ago, when can I expect to keel over?

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, CanuckMan said:

Suter-Miller-Hoglander

Mikheyev-Lindholm-Petterson

Joshua-Bluegar-Garland 

PDG-Aman-Podkolzin

Thats what I’m guessing the forward lines will be. 

I think it's this or a close variant, for center depth, matchup & faceoff options, and to keep Lindholm & Petey together... but we'll see what happens tmrw...

Oh did they tell you that? What are you all gonna do in a few years when the truth comes out like it already is? 

The truth that'll make your ilk look even dumber than you already are? Yeah I very much look forward to that day. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Rocket-68 said:

Doubt it will happen, but I think General Zeke on the Miller line would not be expected or adjusted to fast enough. Big Zeke has wheels, hands, size and a very mean streak - very hard to move away from the net front and can fish pucks out of the corners. 

Petey/ Lindy/Hogz can score and shutdown so will match up well against Dry-my-Saddle.

Love to see it but don't think Tic Roc is that adventurous. 

I don't think its so much of Tocchet being unadventurous as much as it's sticking to a system.   Every play has distinct places where the 3 forwards should be, and it's learned through repetitions.  Interjecting a D-man, who hasn't practised these, is a recipe for disaster

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, 43isprime said:

It's been a great season, no matter what. Absolutely true. Some amazing and clutch performances that we'll all remember for a long time.

The thing that makes me so nervous for tomorrow is that I get the sense this could be our best shot at making a long run.

Several of the players that have stepped up big time in the playoffs are UFAs, and I doubt we'll be able to keep this team together. The player that we did give a huge raise to...well...we all know.

So, as much as I think this has been a tremendous success no matter what happens tomorrow, I can't get over the feeling of this being the best opportunity for this generation of the team.

I can see what you're saying and feel you to a certain degree, but you need to remember that this core is still young. Hughes and Petey still have their best hockey ahead of them. In addition, Hogz and Podz are still in their early 20's. Let that sink in. Then Lekkerimaki and Willander are yet to arrive. And I'm sure we'll retain at least two of Lindholm, Hronek, and Joshua. Then there's Boeser - not the same player as last year, rather, a 40-goal scorer. Then there's Garland. Then there's SILOVS. And we still have Demko.

Unbelievable. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

ohh my god a game 7. this game is so big i cant even imagine the pressure and feelings involved. im just hoping the guys comes out flying and doesnt hold back for a second. LFG and get to the finals!!! hope i dont have a heartattack at the end of the game....

GCG!!!!!! lets do this!!!WIN!!!!

Hedgehog GIF

1 hour ago, Inkidu said:

Bains was at the top of the all the lists I saw. He at least has a bit of experience with the team, is solid and could rise to the occasion. 

The list was alphabetical, wasn't it?

Oh did they tell you that? What are you all gonna do in a few years when the truth comes out like it already is? 

When will we find out about the microscopic tracking chips they put in the vaccines? Probably around when they finally let us know the earth really is flat...  The truth is out there... So is therapy. 

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Wiener 1

1 hour ago, Canuck You said:

I like it, TBH.

Thats a top heavy lineup, the 3rd line worries me a bit, but hey if we were ever to roll that why why not game 7 lets go top 2 lines ~ 20 min each.

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

I can see what you're saying and feel you to a certain degree, but you need to remember that this core is still young. Hughes and Petey still have their best hockey ahead of them. In addition, Hogz and Podz are still in their early 20's. Let that sink in. Then Lekkerimaki and Willander are yet to arrive. And I'm sure we'll retain at least two of Lindholm, Hronek, and Joshua. Then there's Boeser - not the same player as last year, rather, a 40-goal scorer. Then there's Garland. Then there's SILOVS. And we still have Demko.

Unbelievable. 

You missed mentioning Millsy 🫡 

He’s not that old yet 😎

1 hour ago, CanuckMan said:

Suter-Miller-Hoglander

Mikheyev-Lindholm-Petterson

Joshua-Bluegar-Garland 

PDG-Aman-Podkolzin

Thats what I’m guessing the forward lines will be. 

I'd be good with these.

We're not really a team built for the playoffs, bigger teams normally lean on us and we cave, or we shoot ourselves in the foot with stupid penalties or both.

I really hope somehow PA & JR toughen up this roster soon, I'm kind of surprised we got past the Preds, I thought for sure that was it for us. 

Happy that we got past the Preds but they beat on us pretty bad and we were lucky to get to edm but edm started to do the same thing and then we stood around watching too much, if that doesn't change this last game and we take dumb ass penalties again, we're headed for the golf course...  We need to come out flying and take it to them all game with the pedal down, if we don't, well, hopefully it will show the brass we need a bigger team, not just skill and they'll do something about it.

Probably not but I hope so! 

• Confused 3