Formula 1

Sharpshooter

48 minutes ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

hopefully other teams can get better, and actually challenge.  Would be nice to see someone other than RedBull win more that a few.

Mclaren is on the cusp. 

If Mercedes isn’t challenging Redbull for wins next season, I’ll lose my mind.

Aston Martin could surprise. I never count out Alonso on any given race.

I just really really hate Verstappen. I don’t even mind Redbull as a team. I respect Horner as Team Principal. He’s quite a likeable person and he keeps Gerry Spice away from the microphone, which I appreciate immensely. 

Feel like I’m doing a summary and there’s one race left. Lol. 

I’m so sick of this season yet I don’t want it to end! 

• Cheers 2

Led over 1000 laps (first time ever).  All but one race was won by  Red Bull (19 Max, 2 Sergio).  That race was Ferrari in Singapore  by Carlos Sainz Jr.  Utter dominance by Read Bull that I and others hope is brought back to Earth for next season.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/formula-1/article/f1-champion-verstappen-wins-abu-dhabi-gp-for-19th-win-of-record-breaking-season/

F1 champion Verstappen wins Abu Dhabi GP for 19th win of record-breaking season

• Cheers 1

At least Mercedes beat out Ferrari for 2nd in the Constructors’ Championship.

Hamilton 3rd in Driver’s Standings. 

Russell on the podium with a 3rd place finish. 

Most teams would be ecstatic with these results, but I as a Hamilton and Mercedes supporter expect a lot more next season. 

Happy that Williams Racing also beat out Alpha Tauri in the Constructors race. 

We can put this season to bed at least. A disappointing one for me, hope springs eternal for next season. 

Just want to see the Nucks win a Cup and Lewis Hamilton at least one more Championship, before I leave this world. 

Congrats to Redbull and Verstappen on a record breaking season and for a simply mighty and consistent one as well. They deserved it. I can begrudgingly offer that much…even though I loathe that guy! 😝

• Cheers 2

It will be interesting to see who keeps their ‘ride’ and who loses them. 

End of February seems so far away, for the start of next season, but it’s actually just around the corner with a lot of news in between. 

Next season is going to have the most races ever. Incredible! 

The teams/drivers are going to be worn down to the nub at the end of it, I suspect. 

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

At least Mercedes beat out Ferrari for 2nd in the Constructors’ Championship.

Hamilton 3rd in Driver’s Standings. 

Russell on the podium with a 3rd place finish. 

Most teams would be ecstatic with these results, but I as a Hamilton and Mercedes supporter expect a lot more next season. 

Happy that Williams Racing also beat out Alpha Tauri in the Constructors race. 

We can put this season to bed at least. A disappointing one for me, hope springs eternal for next season. 

Just want to see the Nucks win a Cup and Lewis Hamilton at least one more Championship, before I leave this world. 

Congrats to Redbull and Verstappen on a record breaking season and for a simply mighty and consistent one as well. They deserved it. I can begrudgingly offer that much…even though I loathe that guy! 😝

Yeah, really hoping Mercedes and Lewis will come back stronger next season. I really want to see Lewis get some wins and maybe even win another championship (or two or three...).

You're nicer than me regarding Max and Red Bull 🤣

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Psylocke said:

Yeah, really hoping Mercedes and Lewis will come back stronger next season. I really want to see Lewis get some wins and maybe even win another championship (or two or three...).

You're nicer than me regarding Max and Red Bull 🤣

Redbull is light years ahead of everyone. 

They didn’t even need to upgrade the car since August. 

Let that sink in. 

I’m predicting another Constructor Championship for them next year. 

I know I’m sounding like a downer, but the RB poached all the best engineers from Mercedes and they have a great Driver. 

I have to live through what Mercedes did to others in the last past years and it sucks. 

All I want for Christmas is Lewis and Mercedes to challenge for a Championship next season.

Sharpshooter
This post was recognized by Sharpshooter!

"F1 Supporter"

Psylocke was awarded the badge 'Great Support' and 25 points.

3 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Redbull is light years ahead of everyone. 

They didn’t even need to upgrade the car since August. 

Let that sink in. 

I’m predicting another Constructor Championship for them next year. 

I know I’m sounding like a downer, but the RB poached all the best engineers from Mercedes and they have a great Driver. 

I have to live through what Mercedes did to others in the last past years and it sucks. 

All I want for Christmas is Lewis and Mercedes to challenge for a Championship next season.

Yeah, as much as I hate to admit it, Red Bull has done everything right. Even their pits had been perfect every single time. 😪

Just hoping that Merc can build a more competitive car next season. Something that Lewis can work with. 🤞

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Psylocke said:

Yeah, as much as I hate to admit it, Red Bull has done everything right. Even their pits had been perfect every single time. 😪

Just hoping that Merc can build a more competitive car next season. Something that Lewis can work with. 🤞

I hear ya. 

One thing I don’t understand is why Redbull and Mclaren have faster pit stops than Mercedes. 

It’s costing at least .500 to .300 per pit stop. That shit is a lot. 

14 minutes ago, Psylocke said:

I love that you love F1 

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Mercedes needs to take a long hard look at their pit crew. They’re simply not as quick as their competitors. 

Pissing me off. 

Yeah, I've noticed they're not as quick as one would want them to be, too. Not sure what's slowing them down, but definitely need to improve on that. 

1 minute ago, Psylocke said:

Yeah, I've noticed they're not as quick as one would want them to be, too. Not sure what's slowing them down, but definitely need to improve on that. 

If Mclaren can do a 1.8 second stop, then why the fuck can’t Mercedes, with all the money they pour into everything?

I’m just frustrated and using your post as a means to expound on my frustration. 

Mercedes needs to get rid of their pit crew and hire the guys from RB or Mclaren.

Enough is enough.

2 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

If Mclaren can do a 1.8 second stop, then why the fuck can’t Mercedes, with all the money they pour into everything?

I’m just frustrated and using your post as a means to expound on my frustration. 

Mercedes needs to get rid of their pit crew and hire the guys from RB or Mclaren.

Enough is enough.

Yeah, Merc consistently hovers at the 2.9 sec mark for pits and that's just way too slow. 😧

• 1 month later...
19 minutes ago, Super19 said:

In NHL terms this is like Crosby signing with the Bruins to end off his career. Had Lewis signed with Red Bull then itd be like Crosby signing with the Caps 😂

Crosby to Canucks confirmed.  What a wild 24 hrs.  Lindholm and then Lewis.  My head is spinning!

• Cheers 1