Jack Malone | RW

51 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Wow what an opportunity!

How stacked is that BC team. 😮

Great to see Malone playing so high in that lineup.

Seems like a lot of our college draft picks are getting really good opportunities this year (at least early on):

You can replace “TBA” with “2C” for Perkins. Which is a great opportunity for the freshman! Especially on a UMD team with 8 NHL drafted players, including all four of their centremen. Perkins is the only freshman playing centre for the Bulldogs, and he’s one of only three 2004 born players on the entire roster.

And Tom Willander should be on BU’s 1st pairing (alongside Lane Hutson) soon.

Also, are we missing a Ty Mueller thread? I didn’t see one. But he’s playing first line centre for Omaha.

EDIT: Matthew Perkins needs a thread here too, I think? 

Edited by SISMIM
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, SISMIM said:

Great to see Malone playing so high in that lineup.

Seems like a lot of our college draft picks are getting really good opportunities this year (at least early on):

You can replace “TBA” with “2C” for Perkins. Which is a great opportunity for the freshman! Especially on a UMD team with 8 NHL drafted players, including all four of their centremen. Perkins is the only freshman playing centre for the Bulldogs, and he’s one of only three 2004 born players on the entire roster.

And Tom Willander should be on BU’s 1st pairing (alongside Lane Hutson) soon.

Also, are we missing a Ty Mueller thread? I didn’t see one. But he’s playing first line centre for Omaha.

For sure.

Just hope if Malone has a monster season he still signs with us. He’ll have lots of options after this season if he does. 

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

For sure.

Just hope if Malone has a monster season he still signs with us. He’ll have lots of options after this season if he does. 

It’s going to be interesting to see what kind of numbers he puts up this season, especially if he keeps his spot on the first line of that stacked BU team.

On one hand, you’d sort of expect big numbers from Malone, simply because he’s technically a “5th year” college player. However, he’s also still just 22 (turning 23 soon) whereas quite a few of the 5th years last season were pushing 25/26 years old. So Malone is relatively young, at least by comparison.

He also hasn’t really been gifted many opportunities to play prime offensive minutes with high quality linemates, in his NCAA career to-date, so it should be informative to see how high he can push his scoring totals in those conditions (assuming he stays in the top-six).

4 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Wow what an opportunity!

How stacked is that BC team. 😮

Definitely a great opportunity, and hopefully he makes the most of.it and gets to continue there. But, to me at least, it seems like hes simply being gifted that spot due to the fact the 2 RWers below him are freshmen and NCAA teams are much like Euro pro teams that prioritize age and years played over actual skill level unless that skill is completely undeniable.

Honestly, I fully expect him to lose that top line spot to Leonard before the midpoint of the season. That being said I hope I am very much proven wrong.

• Cheers 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

IMO; none of the remaining players on the reserve list that would need to be signed this year are going to be offered an ELC. Malone or Jacob Truscott might be offered either an ATO or AHL contract but doubtful that will happen.

Prospects pool will be added to at this years draft so not to concerned if he is not signed.

Of all the players drafted only a few are signed  to ELC's. Players that decisions will have to be made on next year are Forsell, LW, 20, 7th rnd.;  Gabrielsson, LD, 21, 6th rnd.; Jasek, RW, 27, 6th rnd. and Kunz, C/LW/RW, 21, 4th rnd. 

19 hours ago, Kootenay Gold said:

IMO; none of the remaining players on the reserve list that would need to be signed this year are going to be offered an ELC. Malone or Jacob Truscott might be offered either an ATO or AHL contract but doubtful that will happen.

Dhaliwal reported Truscott is choosing to walk into UFA status on August 15.

Citing lack of room for development due to signing Hirose, bringing over D-Petey, and emergence of Kudryavtsev. Truscott has spent his whole hockey development career in the state of Michigan. Makes me think he probably wants to either play for Detroit or stay out East along with finding a team that will give him development priority.

4 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Dhaliwal reported Truscott is choosing to walk into UFA status on August 15.

Citing lack of room for development due to signing Hirose, bringing over D-Petey, and emergence of Kudryavtsev. Truscott has spent his whole hockey development career in the state of Michigan. Makes me think he probably wants to either play for Detroit or stay out East along with finding a team that will give him development priority.

Yeah; I think he saw the writing on the wall and his agent has been looking for better opportunities elsewhere.

Edited by Kootenay Gold
  • Cheers 1

28 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Capfriendly suggests his rights are still held by Vancouver, but could be interesting if he isn't. 

That doesn’t even make sense you can’t sign a player if they’re still in college.

He will be a free agent this summer I think.

EDIT: Unless that USHL season counts.

Edited by DeNiro