'The most remarkable person I had ever met': Chris Snow remembered at memorial service

https://canoe.com/sports/hockey/nhl/calgary-flames/chris-snow-remembered-memorial-service/wcm/26b53aa2-b7d5-42e5-b941-0a23df88a90c

Flames general manager Brad Treliving, now with the Toronto Maple Leafs, remembered Snow as a sharp mind with a quick wit who tackled every challenge that ALS threw his way with strength and courage.

“He taught us the difference between being alive and living,” Treliving said. “We saw this resilience, this strength, time and time again. Whatever obstacle came up, Chris focused on the solution.

“You’ve heard this the last week, the last year, but you never heard him complain. I never heard him complain.”

Not only did Snow not complain, he also shared his often difficult journey with the world. With his family by his side, the Snows raised awareness of ALS and helped hundreds of thousands of dollars for ALS research.

• Like 1

I've followed his battle for quite awhile through his wife, Kelsie. It's so incredibly sad...he put up a valiant battle.

It's times like this that remind me that we're all just human beings. Flames or not, I was pulling for him and was so sad to see his decline. He was very brave in how he faced this and the stories they shared that could help others.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

As l never had the opportunity to meet him. I understand his character. 

I did however get to meet Luke Richardson long before his loss.

His is a humble,caring and accepting young Man. 

He carries a heavy heart , with his Wife at his side. So glad he made it to where he is today.

And continues to be strong.