[PROPOSAL] 2 Blockbusters to extend our window

I'm not saying our window is now, but what I'm thinking here is opening up the window a bit farther down the road to allow for the likes of Willander and Lekkerimaki to begin to play a more important role. OK here goes:

TRADE #1:

EP40 > Buffalo for Owen Power (locked down til 2031 @ 8.350 / season) *** See note below

TRADE #2:

QH43 > New Jersey (I know...) for Nico Hischier (locked down til 2027 @ 7.250 / season)

What this does is lockdown your 2 biggest stars for about the same money as you're spending now, giving much more flexibility over the next 2 years to add players that will boost the window due to cap going up and Myers off the books. Additionally you can add in the 2 aforementioned individuals on ELC's opening up even some more cashflow for rental F/a's to help win the Cup.

*** Note for Powers...he's only going to make about 2mil this year, so that gives us an additional 5 mil RIGHT NOW. We instantly go from cap hell to cap heaven.

OK...thoughts? I know that this guts the team's core right now, but I think for a better longer term result and a larger, longer window of cup opportunities.

20 minutes ago, ABNuck said:

I'm not saying our window is now, but what I'm thinking here is opening up the window a bit farther down the road to allow for the likes of Willander and Lekkerimaki to begin to play a more important role. OK here goes:

TRADE #1:

EP40 > Buffalo for Owen Power (locked down til 2031 @ 8.350 / season) *** See note below

TRADE #2:

QH43 > New Jersey (I know...) for Nico Hischier (locked down til 2027 @ 7.250 / season)

What this does is lockdown your 2 biggest stars for about the same money as you're spending now, giving much more flexibility over the next 2 years to add players that will boost the window due to cap going up and Myers off the books. Additionally you can add in the 2 aforementioned individuals on ELC's opening up even some more cashflow for rental F/a's to help win the Cup.

*** Note for Powers...he's only going to make about 2mil this year, so that gives us an additional 5 mil RIGHT NOW. We instantly go from cap hell to cap heaven.

OK...thoughts? I know that this guts the team's core right now, but I think for a better longer term result and a larger, longer window of cup opportunities.

Your proposal definitely is well thought out and I definitely see the logic behind your idea but it would never happen in a billion years in the real world (I'm assuming by this proposal, you'd want this to happen now?).   

If Alvin went ahead and did this, fans would track him down and tar and feather his ballsack and then get a German Shepherd to rip off the feathers with his teeth.  In other words, you just don't trade away your two best players when your team is 7-2-1 and seems to have finally turned a corner for the first time in almost 10 years.  Also, there would be too many conflicts of interests.  How would Kuzmenko feel about this deal?  He specifically signed here because he felt that the Canucks were a rising team.  What about Rick Tocchet who specifically came here because ownership promised that they were trying to build a competitive team for the here and now?    

In theory, your proposal definitely has some logic to it but it will never happen in the real world (unless the Canucks were out of playoff contention at the trade deadline?).  Definitely something to try on NHL 24 however.  

7 hours ago, Jeremy Hronek said:

Your proposal definitely is well thought out and I definitely see the logic behind your idea but it would never happen in a billion years in the real world (I'm assuming by this proposal, you'd want this to happen now?).   

If Alvin went ahead and did this, fans would track him down and tar and feather his ballsack and then get a German Shepherd to rip off the feathers with his teeth.  In other words, you just don't trade away your two best players when your team is 7-2-1 and seems to have finally turned a corner for the first time in almost 10 years.  Also, there would be too many conflicts of interests.  How would Kuzmenko feel about this deal?  He specifically signed here because he felt that the Canucks were a rising team.  What about Rick Tocchet who specifically came here because ownership promised that they were trying to build a competitive team for the here and now?    

In theory, your proposal definitely has some logic to it but it will never happen in the real world (unless the Canucks were out of playoff contention at the trade deadline?).  Definitely something to try on NHL 24 however.  

I'll get back to y'all and let you know what sweeteners BUF and NJD are asking for...then hopefully PA reads this and:

1/ Gets the deals done

2/ Gets his own copy of NHL24 so he try these deals out for himself and;

3/ Hires me to be his "left field"...when he's bored and needs some entertaining, gimme a call and put together a completely nonsensical trade offer...lightens the mood around here a bit. 😆 

• Cheers 1