Proposal - Cal/Edm

We all know that Calgary and Edmonton don't like dealing with each other, but both need a major shake-up and have pieces that would be useful to the other.

To Calgary

Leon Draisaitl

To Edmonton

Elias Lindholm

Rasmus Andersson 

Why do they do it?

Calgary: Calgary desperately needs a center who can get Huberdeau going. Lindholm will walk at the end of the season and while it would hurt them to lose Andersson they are getting a top 5 center in the game in return and they still have a lot of decent defensemen.

Edmonton: Edmonton needs to drastically improve their team defense. Lindholm gives them a very solid two-way defenseman to play behind McDavid who is only a little over one year removed from being a Selke finalist. Andersson is a top pairing defensemen who can babysit Nurse.

Obviously as a Canucks fan I don't really want to see either team improve, but I think this makes sense for both sides.

Leon Draisaitl is the deadliest offensive talent in the league since... Connor McDavid.  He is the lone good signing by Peter Chiarelli.  For someone who can put up 50+ goals and 120+ points, he is dirt cheap and relatively easy to move.  I cannot think of a player with higher trade value than him.

To that end, I think Edmonton can do much, much better than this.  Imagine trading Pettersson for this Flames package.  You'd get stabbed the moment you were seen in public.

Does make some sense but I think Edmonton would want a better defenceman so Hanifin over another puck mover, and ideally a goalie.

I'd say Draisaitl to Boston for Lindholm + Swayman + 1st and Boston still probably lose that trade (maybe give them Ullmark instead?). Boston desperately need a top line center, it was their undoing last playoffs, and Drai might be the best big strong playoff center in the league so worth the price.

Otherwise...

Draisaitl for Hanifin + Wolf + 1st

On 11/11/2023 at 10:29 AM, Miss Korea said:

Leon Draisaitl is the deadliest offensive talent in the league since... Connor McDavid.  He is the lone good signing by Peter Chiarelli.  For someone who can put up 50+ goals and 120+ points, he is dirt cheap and relatively easy to move.  I cannot think of a player with higher trade value than him.

To that end, I think Edmonton can do much, much better than this.  Imagine trading Pettersson for this Flames package.  You'd get stabbed the moment you were seen in public.

Tyler James Williams What GIF by ABC Network