[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Calgary Flames // November 16, 2023

Rubik

1 minute ago, canucks.brad said:

they lost!? I didn't watch the game but I honestly thought they were going to steamroll lol

It was a long week for the boys… coming back from east coast to play one home game and set out OTR to Calgary for a back to back game. 

• Cheers 2

GCG GCG

We will bounce back from this, Calgary needed this win badly, we were a little tired from playing last night, something has changed with this team, they are definitely going to be a force to be reckoned with as the season progresses. 

I have complete faith in Tocchet and this club, watch out Kraken, you are going to be in for a tough game on Saturday.

• Like 2

Difference tonight was the goalies...  De Smith did not have good night.... but hey, considering how well he has played, I'll give him a pass.  Markstrom had a good 1st period when he needed too... and then shut the door in the 2nd and 3rd.

The other factor was Quinn Hughes did not look his usual dominant self... missed passes, lots of mistakes, couple giveaways... etc.  Maybe that hit on him and perhaps a lack of sleep?

And give Calgary credit, they were aggressive in their forecheck, played well in their D-Zone and were physical.

On to the next one! 

By the way, if there is anyway PA can swing a deal for Zadorov, he should do so.  Give big Z a couple months under Goncharev's teaching and he could become a real force.

PA should NOT try to sign Tanev.  Back a couple years ago, I said keep him, and I have been proven right Benning made a mistake, but that was a long time ago and Tanev is not worth it now at his age.

Edited by -Buzzsaw-
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1