Flyers sign 9-year-old with cancer to one-day contract

17 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/39005146/philadelphia-flyers-owen-micciche-hockey-fights-cancer-night

The Philadelphia Flyers had a special guest read out their lineup Tuesday night.

Nine-year-old Owen Micciche, who has been living with a pediatric brain tumor diagnosis since he was 6 months old, signed with the Flyers on a one-day contract.

The team honored him on "Hockey Fights Cancer Night," where the team comes together in support of people impacted by cancer.

Micciche got to read out the Flyers' lineup in the locker room prior to their 4-1 loss to the Carolina Hurricanes.

He also lent his experience as captain of Pennsylvania's Genesis Hockey Club to the team while hanging out on the bench with coach John Tortorella.

GAHKtVfb0AAZwlq.jpg

❤️

38 minutes ago, NHLer said:

image.png.b7532cfaeb6c7d2ecb538b510c92a573.png

Confirming Torts looks as awkward as imagined in such a situation.

Torts looks like he's trying his darndest NOT to swear in front of the kid.... be nice.... don't swear.... smile, no scratch that, he don't smile...don't swear...It must've almost killed him to go a whole game without cursing 

• Haha 3

On 11/29/2023 at 10:39 AM, The Arrogant Worms said:

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/39005146/philadelphia-flyers-owen-micciche-hockey-fights-cancer-night

The Philadelphia Flyers had a special guest read out their lineup Tuesday night.

Nine-year-old Owen Micciche, who has been living with a pediatric brain tumor diagnosis since he was 6 months old, signed with the Flyers on a one-day contract.

The team honored him on "Hockey Fights Cancer Night," where the team comes together in support of people impacted by cancer.

Micciche got to read out the Flyers' lineup in the locker room prior to their 4-1 loss to the Carolina Hurricanes.

He also lent his experience as captain of Pennsylvania's Genesis Hockey Club to the team while hanging out on the bench with coach John Tortorella.

GAHKtVfb0AAZwlq.jpg

image.gif.5bd6fbd0607065b2425b8d067f4cf9ab.gif

On 11/29/2023 at 11:35 AM, -dlc- said:

Kids + cancer just makes me reevaluate everything I complain about in life.

It's just the wrongest wrong there could be. But man, kids can teach us a lesson or two about bravery and resilience.

Best of luck to Owen...what a great thing to do.

I love Torts....seeing how he responded to this. He's a good guy.

I’m kind of annoyed how people feelings are more affected to kids with cancer, and think they don’t deserve having it more than adults. I think cancers on ANYONE, any ages deserves to get the same share of sympathy. 
F*ck Cancer, I lost my dad to one, my younger cousin is dealing with a brain tumour that could be cancerous, and another one of my cousin have cervix cancer, and a good friend of mine lost her battle about 7 years ago. 

Edited by Crimson JH