Confessions

RWMc1

10 minutes ago, Gurn said:

I'm going with ------ should have put a line through the wrong words, and your initial beside the lined out part.

Probably only supposed to use black coloured ink as well.

I'd predict a brief meeting with a supervisor, a verbal "Hey, don't do that again" and it's done.

Finding people to do that job is likely not very easy, so they won't want to turf anyone if they don't have to.

Also 'discipline is supposed to be progressive, corrective  and not punitory.

do you know who your 'shop steward' or local union prez/executive are?

They will be able to tell you how this is likely to go.

No one is perfect, especially when they are rookies.

Don't beat up on yourself- the world will do enough of that to you on it's own.

thanks Gurn.

I needed that today. 

You're right on all you worte. I knew the proceedure. No excuses.

A few reasons though...I was on the last block of 4 days, 12 hour shifts. We have just moved to the new facility and they put me in control of one of the only populated units. Inmates were rattled, the bugs of a new facility were many, veteran officers were sparce. Still, I own my mistake and cant believe I made it. 

I do know my union reps, I will handle what ever comes my way.

I am good at this job. I know that, I feel it. 

I have zero concerns about the inmates. I can communicate well with them and dont have fear. I just want to help these dudes. i want to do my part to help us all have a safer world.

Anyway, thanks again man. I know this is a samll issue compared to what others might be going through in life right now but I am hurting, I dont fuck up much, its hard for me to swallow. 

• Huggy Bear 3
  • Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

thanks Gurn.

I needed that today. 

You're right on all you worte. I knew the proceedure. No excuses.

A few reasons though...I was on the last block of 4 days, 12 hour shifts. We have just moved to the new facility and they put me in control of one of the only populated units. Inmates were rattled, the bugs of a new facility were many, veteran officers were sparce. Still, I own my mistake and cant believe I made it. 

I do know my union reps, I will handle what ever comes my way.

I am good at this job. I know that, I feel it. 

I have zero concerns about the inmates. I can communicate well with them and dont have fear. I just want to help these dudes. i want to do my part to help us all have a safer world.

Anyway, thanks again man. I know this is a samll issue compared to what others might be going through in life right now but I am hurting, I dont fuck up much, its hard for me to swallow. 

I don't know about the corrections service style of management, but from a manager's perspective, unless the crossing out of said item is of severe consequence, it'll just be treated as an honest mistake, and since we're human, we're expected to make mistakes.

Having said that, the best course of action moving forward is not to dwell on the mistake, and try not to make the same mistake again.

Everything else that I could have said, @Gurn pretty much already covered.

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

Made a screw up at work. I scribbled out a mistake I made in a log book, I forgot it was considered a 'legal doc'.

i could be in some actual trouble as I am still in my probation period. I'm sad. I am being told that I am excelling as an officer by supervisors but I know management will look at this. I was giving a post with a lot of responsibilty and even though my mistake seemed small inrelation to other serious aspects of the prison, I have let myself down. I drank heavy last night and felt sorry for myself.

Now, I'll get back up like I always do. I have no other choice. 

I'd be shocked if you were in n deep shit. You realized it and I'm guessing told someone right away. Highly unlikely you do it again.

Also from a legal pov, I've done enough contracts etc. to be quite confident that all you need to do is make sure the error is documented. Which it will be.

They are lucky to have an honest guy like you there, they know that.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Motley Crue should have stayed retired, Vince can't sing anymore and he wasn't even the strongest singer back in their prime

New single is mid

boomers hear it differently 

3 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

boomers hear it differently 

Dunno, maybe, I was underwhelmed and I like some of their older stuff 

Some acts just don't age well, and then you get bands like Judas Priest, who are still putting out quality material while their core members are in their 70's

2 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Some acts just don't age well, and then you get bands like Judas Priest, who are still putting out quality material while their core members are in their 70's

saw them in the late 80s, was pretty good for the time. 

its funny going to concerts that have a lot of boomers now, they are having an experience from 30 years ago 😆

• ThereItIs 1

2 hours ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

It was a hot day today.  I actually turned on the air conditioning to cool the house down.

It was warm down here, around 72F. But I still have my heater on. I like it hot! 

Last night, it was 78F in my apartment, and I was trying to think how to make my apartment warmer. 

• Haha 2

On 5/8/2024 at 2:19 PM, Coconuts said:

NWOBHM was just a lot more timeless as a whole; Iron Maiden still kicks ass too.  Musicianship came second to partying for Crue and it's painfully obvious now.

12 hours ago, King Heffy said:

NWOBHM was just a lot more timeless as a whole; Iron Maiden still kicks ass too.  Musicianship came second to partying for Crue and it's painfully obvious now.

They definitely have the track record, not that many older bands didn't too 

But yeah, Iron Maiden's most recent album was pretty damn solid too

I've sure Sixx and Lee's musicianship is still fine, but Vince.. 

Then there's the whole bit about Mar's health that pushed him into retirement (and even that whole bit seems ugly), not that it hasn't been known about for years

Just seems like Motley is shitting on their legacy by carrying on, should have stayed retired 

15 hours ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

It was a hot day today.  I actually turned on the air conditioning to cool the house down.

Very humid/muggy overnight.

I'm getting out the air conditioners, and freezing up some ice blocks this weekend.

Summer sheets and a light quilt till, from now till Sept/Oct.

• Cheers 2

First long weekend I've had in awhile. I usually end up working the stat, or get the stat and start my week on Tuesday. But I was told to take Tuesday off. So today, I'm having a lazy as fuck day. I'm not planning on even leaving the house. So I'm going to play some red dead. And wait in nervous anticipation for puck drop.