Confessions

RWMc1

5 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

Post your confessions etc.

Sometimes it's good to share and talk about things. Many people go through similar things to us and it's good to know we're not alone.

I stopped posting on the old site for mental health reasons. I still lurked for a while like I did before I initially signed up.

I was slipping back into depression and anxiety. I decided to avoid negativity as much as possible. It was a tough choice because the forum was at one time an outlet for me. I hadn't been on the site for months and was considering returning. I was only back for a few days before the word came down.

Thankfully we can now come here.

Same here. Then I had physical health problems and then Covid happened. Everything got worse. Then I came back to CDC and it was surprisingly good for my mental health. Then those bastards decided to shut it down. Glad it’s continued here though. I’m sure this will be even better.

• Like 2
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Snoop Hogg said:

Same here. Then I had physical health problems and then Covid happened. Everything got worse. Then I came back to CDC and it was surprisingly good for my mental health. Then those bastards decided to shut it down. Glad it’s continued here though. I’m sure this will be even better.

I am an older individual and I will confess that I forgot my password from the other site that shall not be named.

• Haha 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 1

I'll confess that I trolled major public forum sites such as slashdot (and usenet before them) pretty hard back in the day.  It was fun, and I didn't regret a single moment of it. 

I could never do it on the old Canucks forum, and can't bring myself to do it here either.  Facetious posts, sarcastic posts, passionate posts - yes.  Trolling - can't do it.  

I confess. I was more lurker than anything on the old site...... then they said it was shutting down. Then I signed up here, and it feel like I've been reborn. A new start............. now I'm running around like a crackhead like it's a Saturday at work.

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

So, on that other site, there would be music snob; I hate these artists threads. I don't know if anyone noticed or not, but I had posted every single artist that I said I didn't like. I did that on purpose.

To me music is a personal thing and expecting people to like everything you like is unrealistic. That's why I found it distasteful for posters to criticize others taste in music. These threads would usually pop up soon after someone new to the thread would start to post music; coincidentally one popped up soon after I started posting and some of the artists that I posted were mentioned.  That's almost as petty as me posting about it years later.