To Vancouver

-Joel Armia ($3.4 million x 2)

-Josh Anderson ($5.5 million x 4)

-Total incoming cap = $8.9 million

What's in it for Vancouver:

• Size up front
  • Significant help with the PK in Joel Armia

What's in it for Montreal:

• Mikheyev, at this stage of his career, would likely be a better fit on the top line with Suzuki and Caufield than Slafkovski
  • Kuzmenko would likely thrive more in Montreal's system (as an outside observer, I'm guessing that they aren't as structured/rigid as Tocchet's system but I'm not 100% sure).  @qwijjibo - perhaps could shed some light on this?  

15 minutes ago, Jeremy Hronek said:

To Montreal:

-Andrei Kuzmenko ($5.5 million x 2)

-Ilya Mikheyev ($4.75 million x 3)

-Total incoming cap = $10.25 million)

To Vancouver

-Joel Armia ($3.4 million x 2)

-Josh Anderson ($5.5 million x 4)

-Total incoming cap = $8.9 million

What's in it for Vancouver:

• Size up front
  • Significant help with the PK in Joel Armia

What's in it for Montreal:

• Mikheyev, at this stage of his career, would likely be a better fit on the top line with Suzuki and Caufield than Slafkovski
  • Kuzmenko would likely thrive more in Montreal's system (as an outside observer, I'm guessing that they aren't as structured/rigid as Tocchet's system but I'm not 100% sure).  @qwijjibo - perhaps could shed some light on this?  

Value wise I think this favours Montreal.  Based on his recent play I'm not entirely sure I agree that Mikheyev is a better fit for Suzuki/Caufield but it's worth trying.  Montreal loses a little cap space and gets smaller/softer.  All in all pretty balanced.  Not sure either team does it but it's fair 

7 hours ago, Pears said:

You could probably get away with Kuzmenko for Anderson alone. Trading Mikheyev right now makes little to no sense for us. 

I don't think Montreal would have any interest in that.  In the original proposal it would be Armia for Kuzmenko.  Two guys struggling to stay in the lineup of thier current teams.

Miikheyev for Anderson is more likely. 

Kuzmenko still has time to adjust to the new changes, adjustments by Tocchet.  When Kuz finds his stride again he'll be a lot more valuable in a trade. Maybe wait toward the TD. Hogs turned it around here and I think Kuzmenko can too. Only trouble is we've got a good defensive forwards that are getting ice time now too. 

? - Pettersson - Anderson

Hoglander - Miller - Boeser

Joshua - Suter - Garland

Lafferty - Blueger - Armia

Canucks would still need a LW for Petey, unless they continue to experiment with Lafferty and Suter, which I'm not thrilled with.  But, I also think Petey could turn Anderson into a 30+ goal scorer. 

• Cheers 1

On 12/20/2023 at 6:52 AM, qwijjibo said:

I don't think Montreal would have any interest in that.  In the original proposal it would be Armia for Kuzmenko.  Two guys struggling to stay in the lineup of thier current teams.

Miikheyev for Anderson is more likely. 

I would do that trade.  Anderson can go stretches without doing much but he's been terribly snake bitten prior to warming up (even now, his 4 goals/ 70 shots = 5% shooting), and that should get better.  If Tocchet gives Kuzmenko more opportunities he should score more next to Petey, and I would agree to trading a complementary winger in Mikheyev for one who brings size, speed and a shot in Anderson. 

This looks pretty good IMO
Kuzmenko - Petey - Anderson (previously successful partnership, plus a power winger to help his skilled linemates against big defenders and playoff checking)
Hoglander - Miller - Boser
Joshua - Blueger - Garland

PDG - Suter - Lafferty

Aman  

57 minutes ago, Phil_314 said:

I would do that trade.  Anderson can go stretches without doing much but he's been terribly snake bitten prior to warming up (even now, his 4 goals/ 70 shots = 5% shooting), and that should get better.  If Tocchet gives Kuzmenko more opportunities he should score more next to Petey, and I would agree to trading a complementary winger in Mikheyev for one who brings size, speed and a shot in Anderson. 

This looks pretty good IMO
Kuzmenko - Petey - Anderson (previously successful partnership, plus a power winger to help his skilled linemates against big defenders and playoff checking)
Hoglander - Miller - Boser
Joshua - Blueger - Garland

PDG - Suter - Lafferty

Aman  

I'm not entirely sure  either team would do it.  They both seem happy with the player they have. As a Montreal fan I'd prefer to keep Anderson due to his unique package of speed and grit.  But it's at least close enough thst you could make a co.pelljng argument from both teams point of view