"Aquilini spent 5 hrs explaining the history of the Canucks" - Jim Rutherford Interview

Canuck You

Sounds like it was not just the history of the team on the ice, but likely an elaborate telling of the corporate backstory as well as the current situation. I don't think this was just Aqua talking about his love for Tanti and Smyl for 5 hours.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

This management knows how to win. We haven't won in 50+ years. We've needed this for so long it hurts. We've actually needed more eastern snarl and compete and these guys are bringing it in spades.

We can't do what's comfortable and listen to what our conventional first instinct tells us ... that hasn't gotten us anywhere ... we have to do what's uncomfortable and unconventional to win. 

The evidence is where we are in the standings. We're 1st in the league.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Sounds like it was not just the history of the team on the ice, but likely an elaborate telling of the corporate backstory as well as the current situation. I don't think this was just Aqua talking about his love for Tanti and Smyl for 5 hours.

If i owned a buss and needed someone to manage it, I'm sure I'd spill all the beans and ask the best to run the show..Hence why @-AJ-and other mods alike make this newer forum work!

9 hours ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

This management knows how to win. We haven't won in 50+ years. We've needed this for so long it hurts. We've actually needed more eastern snarl and compete and these guys are bringing it in spades.

We can't do what's comfortable and listen to what our conventional first instinct tells us ... that hasn't gotten us anywhere ... we have to do what's uncomfortable and unconventional to win. 

The evidence is where we are in the standings. We're 1st in the league.

They've made the right choices this season, but let's not forget that they fumbled pretty badly in the first year, even when they had complete control over their roster. That being said, Allvin/JR have DEFINITELY proven themselves to do a good job so far. I really wasn't sure if Tocchet was the man for the job, but it seems like he is. As you said, the proof is in the results.

Last season the results were poor. This season by contrast is night and day. Successful people learn from their failures. And this is where I credit them for learning on the job.

Edited by PureQuickness

53 minutes ago, PureQuickness said:

They've made the right choices this season, but let's not forget that they fumbled pretty badly in the first year, even when they had complete control over their roster. That being said, Allvin/JR have DEFINITELY proven themselves to do a good job so far. I really wasn't sure if Tocchet was the man for the job, but it seems like he is. As you said, the proof is in the results.

Last season the results were poor. This season by contrast is night and day. Successful people learn from their failures. And this is where I credit them for learning on the job.

This team was beyond repair when they got here and they have done an amazing job since and cleaning up mistakes. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

This team was beyond repair when they got here and they have done an amazing job since and cleaning up mistakes. 

The core remains the same though, rotten or not. However, they have made amazing supplementary moves (ala Gillis). I think the drafting is already showing to be much better than the Gillis period, but where we go from here is unwritten.

• Cheers 1