Nils Åman | #88 | C

Rubik

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think Rangers may buy out Barclay Goodrow, seeing as if they do asap, they would have no cap penalty this year and actually get a credit of 1/4 million cap credit doing that

Would the Canucks be interested in a versatile vet leader C/W in Goodrow over Aman at a cheap price?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ballisticsports said:

I think Rangers may buy out Barclay Goodrow, seeing as if they do asap, they would have no cap penalty this year and actually get a credit of 1/4 million cap credit doing that

Would the Canucks be interested in a versatile vet leader C/W in Goodrow over Aman at a cheap price?

I wouldn't. What I like about Åman is his contract, his PK and he seems coachable. Will silently take another step forward this year. 

What I don't like is his weight. He needs to put on some pounds so he doesn't get pushed around so easily.

But if we loose Blueger, DJ and Lindholm, our PK would need more help for sure. Why not keep Åman and get Goodrow too?

3 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Way too light.

Gets lost in traffic 

Not too sure winning board battles has more to do with size than technical matters and willingness to get the nose dirty. The Twins were not heavy and yet were always winning board battles. Aman might just be a softy? 

Just now, Alflives said:

Not too sure winning board battles has more to do with size than technical matters and willingness to get the nose dirty. The Twins were not heavy and yet were always winning board battles. Aman might just be a softy? 

It's been stated as a hugely important factor in the playoffs towards helping gain puck possession and generating offense 

1 minute ago, Hairy Kneel said:

It's been stated as a hugely important factor in the playoffs towards helping gain puck possession and generating offense 

I think it was Darryl Sutter who said winning the walls and the net fronts was key to winning games. And then there was that stat that 90% of the game is played within 5 feet of the boards. 
If two players are equal in every way except one is a lot heavier then clearly the bigger guy has the advantage. But if wall work are battles then it’s bite and not bark that will win out. Aman might just not have much bite to him. 

37 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I think it was Darryl Sutter who said winning the walls and the net fronts was key to winning games. And then there was that stat that 90% of the game is played within 5 feet of the boards. 
If two players are equal in every way except one is a lot heavier then clearly the bigger guy has the advantage. But if wall work are battles then it’s bite and not bark that will win out. Aman might just not have much bite to him. 

One of my guys at work is going to visit Åman Sr tomorrow (our customer). I told him to ask how summer training is coming along for Nils. I'll keep you posted 🙂

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Bonkers said:

One of my guys at work is going to visit Åman Sr tomorrow (our customer). I told him to ask how summer training is coming along for Nils. I'll keep you posted 🙂

If there was a magic pill that allowed guys to put in muscle and make them more aggressive it’s what Aman needs to include in his training. 

• ThereItIs 1

21 hours ago, Alflives said:

If there was a magic pill that allowed guys to put in muscle and make them more aggressive it’s what Aman needs to include in his training. 

I would love to have heard Aman's exit interview with RT. Canucks saw enough in his progression to give him a 2 year deal which means something. Obviously next year is kinda a make or break. Aman has players in Abby pushing him for TOI.