About Fanatics jerseys…

Fanatics will be taking over NHL as jerseys supplier next season… I am aware this article is about the MLB, but this is also about Fanatics taking over too. Players and fans are not enjoying the new switch over.

Best thing to do is Boycott for good… 

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/mlb/news/fanatics-mlb-jerseys-controversy-players-fans-cheap-uniforms/f29a399f4542ba84b9f96e75

Fanatics MLB jerseys controversy, explained: Players, fans express displeasure for 'cheap' uniforms

Fanatics logo

It's safe to say that customers are not "fans" of Fanatics' latest baseball jerseys. 

With football season officially in the rearview, baseball is on the horizon. Spring training is beginning, as all 32 clubs get geared up for the 2024 MLB season. 

Rapoport: Commanders introduce Kingsbury and Joe Whitt Jr. as OC and DC, respectively

With a new campaign comes new uniforms, and this year, there are distinct differences in the jerseys — not in a good way. The first batch of jerseys provided by Fanatics has been revealed, and the reviews from players and fans are less than stellar. 

Here's more to know about the controversy surrounding the Fanatics MLB jerseys:

MORE: Who is Jenny Cavnar? New A's female broadcaster makes history

Fanatics MLB jerseys controversy

Players and fans got a sneak preview of what to expect out of the uniforms for the 2024 season, and the result has been extremely disappointing. 

Reporters have posted pictures of a number of different uniforms, including home whites for the Cardinals and Mariners. The differences between the 2023 and '24 jerseys are significant, and the feedback from the players themselves speaks volumes. 

"They look cheap," one Cardinals player said. 

"I don't like them," another Cardinals pitcher said. 

Cardinals pitcher Miles Mikolas also said that the uniforms "don't fit right" and that the fabric differs from the material used in the past. The side-by-side of the two Mariners uniforms also details part of what is wrong with the new batch. Not only has the quality taken a hit, but the sizing, particularly of the names, has also shrunk.

Several Angels players also took to bashing the new uniforms, including outfielder Taylor Ward, who told The Athletic the new jersey "looks like a replica."

“It feels kind of like papery. It could be great when you’re out there sweating, it may be breathable. But I haven’t had that opportunity yet to try that out. But from the looks of it, it doesn’t look like a $450 jersey," Ward said. "So far, thumbs down."

Reliever Carlos Estevez even described the pants worn as feeling "like I'm wearing someone else's pants." And several pitchers have since complained about the pants, which The Athletic reported are no longer specifically tailored to pitchers, meaning the distinct tight-pants look of several arms like Robbie Ray and Tommy Kahnle could be going away.

And it hasn't just been issues with the fit. Cubs shortstop Dansby Swanson explained to The Athletic that the Cubs' jerseys no longer feature the iconic Cubbie blue. Cardinals jerseys no longer have the Birds on the Bat logo chainstiched onto the jersey, a unique feature that was part of the team's jersey, per the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.

Fanatics is no stranger to poor reviews. The company has built up a recent history of misspellings, mix-ups, and other miscues on fan apparel for years. However, with the new Nike/Fanatics deal kicking in for 2024, now it's the athletes themselves who get a firsthand experience of the weak quality of a Fanatics jersey. 

MORE: Spring training reporting dates for all 30 MLB teams

That doesn't mean all athletes have complained about the jerseys. In a joint press release from MLB and Nike, players like Cardinals third baseman Nolan Arenado, Orioles catcher Adley Rutschman and Braves outfielder Ronald Acuna Jr. each praised the new uniforms that had been officially introduced during the 2023 MLB All-Star Game.

The Athletic asked Nike if the uniforms will be the same as those worn during the regular season or if they are only in line to be the spring training, but did not receive a comment in response.

“It’s one of those things where there’s good and bad,” Swanson told The Athletic. “It’s hard to sit here and just blast them about it or praise them for it. There’s stuff on both sides, and I think the beauty is they’re willing to have those conversations. Obviously, if it’s a change of anything, initial reactions are always going to be (strong). But I do think there are some things that could be altered to make it better.”

Who owns Fanatics?

Fanatics is its own company, owned and operated by CEO Michael Rubin. However, when it comes to MLB apparel, it has a special relationship with Nike. 

Under the current arrangement between Fanatics and Nike, Fanatics "designs, manufactures and distributes all Nike-branded fan apparel sold at retail for the NFL and MLB, Nike’s top college partners (beginning in 2024), and the Tokyo Giants, including all jersey categories, women’s apparel, outerwear and more," as per the Fanatics website

I'd much rather buy a "Knock-Off" NHL Jersey from my local convenience store that he gets from China..
Those 5 year old's over there are MUCH MORE skilled when it comes to stitching/sewing ect.. Fanatics just can't compete with quality control those children have!

I'll wait and see what quality is their "pro authentic" jerseys are like for sale to the public.   The ones the pro players wear are made in Canada and not available for public purchase.   

All the Adidas ones, including those called pro, are made in Indonesia but priced at a premium.  In the old days (WCE era for example), if you buy authentic ones, they were all made in Canada and were very similar or near identical to the on ice pro worn jerseys.  You pay a premium for them, but it was worth it to me. 

I don't mind have non Canadian made ones, but I dislike how they price them at the authentic price level and call them "pro" when they are just replicas. 

And if you don't specify pro stitching (for a fee) they are just heat pressed name and number.  

https://vanbase.ca/products/vancouver-canucks-adidas-pro-custom-jersey-new

This is not acceptable though, pro or replica:

• Sad 1

Im not buying another team jersey until the deal with fanatic expires.. even though the authentic version is not quite player version with the fight strap and such it’s way nicer in quality compared to the fanatic version that’s cheaper. I usually buy a new authentic version whenever a new variation of the jersey comes out.. I’ll refuse to do so until fanatic deal expire. Fanatic maybe using the same material factory and everything.. heck the jersey might be exactly the same minus the branding logo.. but I have way too many issues in the past with fanatic QC or the lack thereof.. I shouldn’t have to hunt for a jersey that have good QC

• Cheers 1

So, baseball fans are having an absolute field day over the new Fanatics uniforms.  Their... pants are... see-through.  They're so thin you can literally see someone's ballsack in these promotional photos.

You've been warned:

• Haha 4

23 hours ago, Miss Korea said:

So, baseball fans are having an absolute field day over the new Fanatics uniforms.  Their... pants are... see-through.  They're so thin you can literally see someone's ballsack in these promotional photos.

You've been warned:

Omg…. 😂 

this is a disaster 

15 hours ago, Crimson JH said:

Omg…. 😂 

this is a disaster 

too bad wont have the same effect on nhl jersey coz all they'll see is equipments underneath.. but i think the mlb jerseys ain't made from the same factory as before like the NHL would.. although the numbering/lettering if going by past fanatic products is going to look weird

3 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

too bad wont have the same effect on nhl jersey coz all they'll see is equipments underneath.. but i think the mlb jerseys ain't made from the same factory as before like the NHL would.. although the numbering/lettering if going by past fanatic products is going to look weird

Yeah, if they do half-asses on the logo, letters, numbers… you all better boycott the hell out of them, even when they take over.. Never buy anything from them.

17 minutes ago, Crimson JH said:

Yeah, if they do half-asses on the logo, letters, numbers… you all better boycott the hell out of them, even when they take over.. Never buy anything from them.

You know I will. I have more than enough Canucks jerseys in my collection to outlast their contract.

• Cheers 1

33 minutes ago, Crimson JH said:

lol i already boycott them before they take over.. i don't cheap out buying fanatic anything after the first time i seen fanatic crap years ago

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

I guess that's the way to go... Where do you get the best price on an authentic jersey?

i dunno i just get it from the team store since u get 20% off for STH forgot if it applies to jersey i think it does. if u dont have sth ask a friend

Edited by wai_lai416

3 hours ago, gwarrior said:

You know I will. I have more than enough Canucks jerseys in my collection to outlast their contract.

Same here, I managed to snag a nice adidas home orca jersey (adult size 52!) for $60 over on poshmark.  🙂 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

lol i already boycott them before they take over.. i don't cheap out buying fanatic anything after the first time i seen fanatic crap years ago

I rarely buy anything over on Shitantics, if I want a Canucks gear, I’ll find a different and nicer brand to purchase (47, Starters, adidas, sportsqe, etc). I’m glad there weren’t much fanatic products at the team store (except a few like Mitchell and Ness, and team cap).

9 minutes ago, Crimson JH said:

I rarely buy anything over on Shitantics, if I want a Canucks gear, I’ll find a different and nicer brand to purchase (47, Starters, adidas, sportsqe, etc). I’m glad there weren’t much fanatic products at the team store (except a few like Mitchell and Ness, and team cap).

mitchell & ness used to be good but bought out by fanatics i think.. i don't buy anything fanatic period.. if i'm spending money i rather spend a little more for quality than cheap out on something that doesn't look good or feels cheap.. hats i only buy new era.. the only jersey i'm really picky on buying authentic player version only though is soccer jersey because i can wear those in the summer casually and i play soccer so i can wear them too.. they are so much better than the regular authentic.. although it gets really pricey for authentic player version soccer jersey if u want to get the names and all the patches.. and sometimes they are super hard to find.

The problem is I found out it wasn't like Fanatics didn't outbid say CCM or something. Fanatics was the ONLY bidder for the NHL.

Fanatics is taking over the sports world. So unless people refuse to buy it's products, they have a stranglehold on most of the professional leagues in North America.

Honestly i think the fans are screwed.