[Proposal] Would you make this trade Canucks, SJS

Mikheyev for Grandlund. Canucks throw in a kicker lower end prospect or 4th 5th round pick.

Simply the Canucks do it because Mik has 2 more years after this season Granlund has 1 more. Granlund Can center PP2 unit and center a PK unit. Granlund can play both center and right win. Petty Lindholm and Granlund would be better then we have now. 

Since Granlund came back from injury SJS hasn't sucked as much. The return of Granlund to the SJS help them get out of their terrible losing streak in the beginning of the season.

Yes I am aware that Mik has a M-NTC and he would have to wave to go to SJS. But if he did would you like or dislike the trade.

Granlund I believe is underrated. Lindholm was over rated. If we lose Blueger in the off season Granlund could easily slide into that 3rd line center spot. 

Why SJS does it, possible decent return to them if Mik finds his grove again, which I believe is possible in SJS as it is not under a strong defensive structure. 

Why Mik might wave, if he doesn't find is grove again his last contract in the NHL wont be as much as his current one is.

Why JR and PA do this trade to get rid of one of their biggest mistakes to date. They already moved on from Kuz which was a bad signing as well.

Edited by Tocchet.A.Hockey.God
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Tocchet.A.Hockey.God said:

Mikheyev for Grandlund. Canucks throw in a kicker lower end prospect or 4th 5th round pick.

Simply the Canucks do it because Mik has 2 more years after this season Granlund has 1 more. Granlund Can center PP2 unit and center a PK unit. Granlund can play both center and right win. Petty Lindholm and Granlund would be better then we have now. 

Since Granlund came back from injury SJS hasn't sucked as much. The return of Granlund to the SJS help them get out of their terrible losing streak in the beginning of the season.

Yes I am aware that Mik has a M-NTC and he would have to wave to go to SJS. But if he did would you like or dislike the trade.

Granlund I believe is underrated. Lindholm was over rated. If we lose Blueger in the off season Granlund could easily slide into that 3rd line center spot. 

Why SJS does it, possible decent return to them if Mik finds his grove again, which I believe is possible in SJS as it is not under a strong defensive structure. 

Why Mik might wave, if he doesn't find is grove again his last contract in the NHL wont be as much as his current one is.

Why JR and PA do this trade to get rid of one of their biggest mistakes to date. They already moved on from Kuz which was a bad signing as well.

I would but why would San Jose?  I think it would take a bit more than a 4th/5th or a mid calibre prospect.

That extra year off the books would be a nice advantage however.

I don't get it? Mikheyev is younger, bigger, faster.... has more goals even playing badly, has only slightly less points, makes less money, has better goal scoring numbers over the last 3 years including this year.. again while not even playing that well. 

Canucks are not hurting at center... Miller, Lindholm, Petey, Blug, Suter, Aman, Lafferty etc can all play C. Thats 3 legit top 6 C's and 4 players that can play bottom 6 C. 

Mik came back from a serious knee surgery.. his speed has suffered which has held him back this year,  but he has already started to look a little faster the past couple weeks and will certainly be even better after another off season for the remainder of his contract. 

I don't see how this helps Vancouver in anyway. And you want to throw in a pick? Not to mention how many players on a first place team do people want to change? At some point you are seriously messing with chemistry and culture.. not just on the ice but in the room