The Video Game Channel

Shekky

what are you current top games that you are playing right now for any sort of console/pc/phone whatever. Additionally are there any games you are currently looking to play or hyped about?

I mainly only play PC games and so here is my list of games I am currently playing:

1: Modded Minecraft (FTB Revelations)

2: Stellaris

3: World of Warships

4: Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions (Android)

5: Baldurs Gate 3

Games I am currently waiting for

1: Star Trek Infinite

2: Lords of the Fallen

3: Dune: Awakening

4: Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty

Edited by Shekky

Games I'm currently playing:

1. Starfield

2. League of Legends (it's okay if you think less of me now)

3. Pokémon Infinite Fusion (amazing fan-made game)

4. Clone Hero

5. Phasmophobia

6. Rimworld

Games I am looking forward to:

1. Baldur's Gate 3 (will probably buy it on sale at some point)

2. Elder Scrolls VI (in 2030 probably)

I also used to play an insane amount of Rocket League, but haven't had the will to buy yet another controller that I'll inevitably wear out in 3 months.

Used to play Minecraft tons back in the day, even a bit of modded Minecraft too, but it's hard to stick with it for me. A good community helps.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Games I'm currently playing:

1. Starfield

2. League of Legends (it's okay if you think less of me now)

3. Pokémon Infinite Fusion (amazing fan-made game)

4. Clone Hero

5. Phasmophobia

6. Rimworld

Games I am looking forward to:

1. Baldur's Gate 3 (will probably buy it on sale at some point)

2. Elder Scroll VI (in 2030 probably)

I also used to play an insane amount of Rocket League, but haven't had the will to buy yet another controller that I'll inevitably wear out in 3 months.

Used to play Minecraft tons back in the day, even a bit of modded Minecraft too, but it's hard to stick with it for me. A good community helps.

To each there own I say I'm no fan of LoL but its got a huge player base. I'm interested in what there MMO is going to look like hopefully they give us some information on it soon

I only have the attention span to play one game at a time, so:

Currently playing

Baldurs gate 3 (with likely multiple playthroughs to try out different classes and story choices)

Games I started but haven’t finished

The Witcher 3 with expansions

Cyberpunk 2077 (waiting on new expansion/update)

Next up

Starfield (though I’m probably gonna wait for it to be on sale)

PC master race

Edited by Bounce000
  • Like 1

Haven't fired up the gaming PC since April!

Normall a big FPS guy:

1. Call of Duty

2. Battlefield

3. CSGO

Recently purchased an SNES. We went from NES right to N64 in the 90s, so finally owning an SNES just feels cool! I have been enjoying the nostalgia and have created a 30 game list of all my old favourites and games that are 'tops' on the list of all-time SNES games. I must admit, I NEVER played a single Zelda game, but I ended up nabbing Zelda: A link to the past for SNES!

yeah BG3 devs gambled big on the development of BG3 and came out with a product that is starting to set a standard for what RPG's should be like and not this microtransaction half finished products blizzard and other triple A studios have been churning out just to make a cash grab

19 hours ago, Truefan99 said:

It’ll cost you 4k+ for gaming tower for new gen games; ps5 is the more cost friendly option

Not necessarily you could build a decent rig for around 2k depending on parts my rig cost me about 5k Canadian but I'm an enthusiast 🤣

16 hours ago, Warhippy said:

I'll be upgrading my tower regardless.  Love me some age of empires

I love Age of Empires as well I don't play online as I am god awful against other people but I like doing an FFA Outrageous bot games in AoE IV

1 hour ago, Shekky said:

Not necessarily you could build a decent rig for around 2k depending on parts my rig cost me about 5k Canadian but I'm an enthusiast 🤣

I love Age of Empires as well I don't play online as I am god awful against other people but I like doing an FFA Outrageous bot games in AoE IV

Doing a full play through again.  Almost done AoE2 all gold and silver.  Then AoE 3 and 4 to finish.

Hearing lots about a new age of mythology etc and would love to see it

• Like 1

Any Rocket League players out there?

I've been grinding ranked twos for a few months now. I've still got a lot to learn mechanically but I think my game sense is pretty ok when I'm locked in. Currently ranked gold 3 just on the cusp of breaking into plat.

I'm getting a bit sick of solo queue though. Getting sewered by trash teammates can really ruin a good streak. Would be nice to have a consistent teammate. Or even two teammates, I don't mind switching to threes. Even better if they're a Canucks fan!

Probably a longshot but if anyone wants to team up, hit me up!

Rocket League Soccer GIF by Xbox

Edited by sashimi

3 hours ago, sashimi said:

Any Rocket League players out there?

I've been grinding ranked twos for a few months now. I've still got a lot to learn mechanically but I think my game sense is pretty ok when I'm locked in. Currently ranked gold 3 just on the cusp of breaking into plat.

I'm getting a bit sick of solo queue though. Getting sewered by trash teammates can really ruin a good streak. Would be nice to have a consistent teammate. Or even two teammates, I don't mind switching to threes. Even better if they're a Canucks fan!

Probably a longshot but if anyone wants to team up, hit me up!

Rocket League Soccer GIF by Xbox

Haven't played since June, but I started back in 2015 and was pretty consistently playing for almost 8 years. Got up to about Champ 2, but I'm not sure I'm still that level. From what I hear, they changed the rank distribution a bit and made it harder to hit the higher ranks recently.

I'm thinking about getting a controller with replaceable parts and getting back into the game.

I thought I'd be playing Starfield this month... but after playing 6 hours, I've given up for now. I thought it sounded like the perfect game, an open-world space exploration RPG full of intrigue and surprises. It does some things well, but... for me at least there is no feeling of exploration at all. It's a bunch of walled-off areas connected by loading screens, with no sense of wanderlust as you explore vast vistas spread before you, like in Skyrim. One very early mission sent me to Mars, a place I've dreamed of as a kid who was obsessed with space and our solar system. So I click a button, watch a loading screen, click another button, another loading screen, click another button, another loading screen... and I'm on Mars. That was the most anti-climactic trip across space I've ever experienced. And I landed at a depressing industrial base that nobody wants to be at. I talk to a bartender and click a few more buttons and am teleported to the next planet in the quest chain. This is not the space exploration game I was hoping for.

I had fun in parts, I actually enjoyed it as a first-person looter-shooter, and I know plenty of people aren't bothered by the constant non-optional fast-travel and are really enjoying it, but as someone who like exploration in games more than anything else, it leaves me cold. Sorry, rant over! I was so excited to play Starfield, I even took time off work, and it was just soul-crushingly disappointing lol.

I'm currently playing No Man's Sky instead. It doesn't have the same breadth of RPG, story elements, and combat, but... at least I feel like I'm exploring space, and some of the sights are truly beautiful, and I keep stumbling upon unique discoveries that make me smile. And even the subtle main storyline, told simply through fairly sparse written text, is fully engaging me. It feels like there's a big mystery to uncover across a vast cosmos, and that's really cool. Having said that, a good friend of mine feels exactly the opposite, Starfield is his thing and No Man's Sky is boring. Good thing there's so many games out there to choose from!

Edited by Strawbone

I've been playing Starfield lately. I expected bugs so that wasn't so much an issue for me. I think since I didn't really have expectations to begin with, the game's been very enjoyable for me. It definately needs some fixing, but I'm getting Skyrim vibes in space from it which isn't a bad thing.

Other games I've been playing:

Final Fantasy XIV

Elder Scrolls Online

No Man's Sky

Skyrim (I have like 900+ mods in my current playthrough)

Eventually, I want to get into Baldur's Gate 3. I have the game, I just haven't really started it yet. I also want to try Horizon which I've also recently bought.

2 hours ago, Strawbone said:

I thought I'd be playing Starfield this month... but after playing 6 hours, I've given up for now. I thought it sounded like the perfect game, an open-world space exploration RPG full of intrigue and surprises. It does some things well, but... for me at least there is no feeling of exploration at all. It's a bunch of walled-off areas connected by loading screens, with no sense of wanderlust as you explore vast vistas spread before you, like in Skyrim. One very early mission sent me to Mars, a place I've dreamed of as a kid who was obsessed with space and our solar system. So I click a button, watch a loading screen, click another button, another loading screen, click another button, another loading screen... and I'm on Mars. That was the most anti-climactic trip across space I've ever experienced. And I landed at a depressing industrial base that nobody wants to be at. I talk to a bartender and click a few more buttons and am teleported to the next planet in the quest chain. This is not the space exploration game I was hoping for.

I had fun in parts, I actually enjoyed it as a first-person looter-shooter, and I know plenty of people aren't bothered by the constant non-optional fast-travel and are really enjoying it, but as someone who like exploration in games more than anything else, it leaves me cold. Sorry, rant over! I was so excited to play Starfield, I even took time off work, and it was just soul-crushingly disappointing lol.

I'm currently playing No Man's Sky instead. It doesn't have the same breadth of RPG, story elements, and combat, but... at least I feel like I'm exploring space, and some of the sights are truly beautiful, and I keep stumbling upon unique discoveries that make me smile. And even the subtle main storyline, told simply through fairly sparse written text, is fully engaging me. It feels like there's a big mystery to uncover across a vast cosmos, and that's really cool. Having said that, a good friend of mine feels exactly the opposite, Starfield is his thing and No Man's Sky is boring. Good thing there's so many games out there to choose from!

I put about 5 hours into starfield it was boring every minute of that game. Some people have said that it gets more fun after 12 hours but I couldn't get through that. Thankfully I never purchased the game I played it on PC Game Pass.

2 hours ago, The Lock said:

I've been playing Starfield lately. I expected bugs so that wasn't so much an issue for me. I think since I didn't really have expectations to begin with, the game's been very enjoyable for me. It definately needs some fixing, but I'm getting Skyrim vibes in space from it which isn't a bad thing.

Other games I've been playing:

Final Fantasy XIV

Elder Scrolls Online

No Man's Sky

Skyrim (I have like 900+ mods in my current playthrough)

Eventually, I want to get into Baldur's Gate 3. I have the game, I just haven't really started it yet. I also want to try Horizon which I've also recently bought.

I was thinking about loading up No Man's Sky again. The game is really good I played it on launch and it was alright then, it really lacked a lot of content but I'm glad the devs stuck with it and kept releasing more content to get the game where it is today.

Edited by Shekky