[Speculation] Ducks Remain Far Apart In Negotiations With Trevor Zegras, Jamie Drysdale

8 hours ago, Rekker said:

Ya, I'm not a fan of him. Not my kind of player. 

Little Ball of Hate doesn't seem to think too highly of him either if he really did offer a bridge at 3-4.    It's appropriate though,  for the league ten years ago.   A one year deal at 4 is pretty much bang on.    Sure they will settle on a 3 year bridge around 6-7 though.    And i'm sure Zegras is looking at what everyone else is getting off their ELCs and thinking he's worth 8-9.   

Stetcher losing his crap showed the type of character Zegras has.   It also wouldn't surprise me at all to see him on the trade block.   And CHI picking him up, he'd fit right in there. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, IBatch said:

Little Ball of Hate doesn't seem to think too highly of him either if he really did offer a bridge at 3-4.    It's appropriate though,  for the league ten years ago.   A one year deal at 4 is pretty much bang on.    Sure they will settle on a 3 year bridge around 6-7 though.    And i'm sure Zegras is looking at what everyone else is getting off their ELCs and thinking he's worth 8-9.   

Stetcher losing his crap showed the type of character Zegras has.   It also wouldn't surprise me at all to see him on the trade block.   And CHI picking him up, he'd fit right in there. 

Zegras is an absolute perfect example of a player you should sign to a bridge deal. Too many remaining questions marks. The Little Ball of Hate knows it. I agree, I don't see Verbeek being a big fan of Zegras. Imagine them playing each other, lol. 

9 hours ago, IBatch said:

Actually he's not feasting on the PP, unlike Brock and Horvat and others that have done for us,  19 of his 23 goals were EV and 13 of his 42 assist on the PP.     His stats are closer to EP's ratio than a lot of stars in this league who score up to 50% of their points on the PP.    He's not feasting on it that's for sure.   Agree they might move him to the wing if he can't learn to back-check.   

Zegras was 51st league wide in EVP last year, ahead of Horvat, Miller, QHs .. 

As far as his plus minus goes - look at his teammates.  Strome minus 30.   McTavish minus 19.    Who was taking the tougher opposition?    The entire roster was a minus magnet.   Why I used Edler as an example, minus 35 during our rebuild and led the league.  There were 14 ducks, most in the top 9  and top pairings, who were -19 to -30.    Zegras wasn't leading the team in that regard either.   He's for sure their first line center right now.   And i'm sure there are bridging him because they aren't sure they really have the right guy too.  

McTavish is the guy they likely end up trying to lock down long term.   He's going to be a great two way center in this league.   Was also a guy I hoped we'd have a chance to draft,  ANA went off board, but wasn't surprised either.     Built for this league and did it right away.   Zegras isn't a player i'd be stoked to have on our team if what you see now is what you get.   Maturity issues.   Pat Verbeek played the game a lot differently.  Little Ball of Hate.   My money is McTavish will get offered a deal similar to what Dorion is handing out to his core.   Zegras reminds me a bit of Patrick Kane with his pizzazz.   He was moved to the wing.   

Fair enough, and I get that ANA sucked as a team defensively, but he's by no means even adequate defensively. I've watched alot of ANA games and he's atrocious in his own end. If it was as simple as just team defensive play, I don't think Verbeek would be lowballing him this hard. The guy wanted $8-9 mil long term and ANA is offering $3-4....that is a signal. And his not about his offensive performance.

3 minutes ago, canucks curse said:

Buffalo should be trying to get either of those ANA players or pinto 

they need a 2nd line and one more top 4 d man 

Sabres need a lot more than just that. They need two top 2 D. Their D sucks pucks. They need a first line centre. They need a goalie. They need top three wingers. They’re a friggin’ joke! 
Loser team in a Loser city. Habs are a loser team too, but at least they’re in a nice city. 

3 minutes ago, Odd. said:

I’d trade Podz, our next 2 1st round picks unprotected, and a couple of prospects. Zegras would be our Marchand Lol.

No idea how that would work cap wise 🤣🤣 would have to be a deal next off season

Zegras is a terrible player. He’s a selfish loser. Allvin would be a complete Benning to trade for that piece of craperolla. 
Zegras 

BAE53DB4-8599-4B2D-B179-5022A963E9F0.gif

• Vintage 1