Casey DeSmith | #29 | G

-AJ-

• -AJ- changed the title to Casey DeSmith | #29 | G
1 hour ago, NucksRuleYou said:

It's not crowded at all. Demko and DeSmith are the NHL goalies, then Silovs and Martin in the Ahl.

AHL could get a bit crowded if Tolopilo is good enough for the AHL. That said, I think if he can start in Kalamazoo, that will be good experience for him.

3 hours ago, -AJ- said:

AHL could get a bit crowded if Tolopilo is good enough for the AHL. That said, I think if he can start in Kalamazoo, that will be good experience for him.

I think he might be.

If DeSmith lands the backup job in Van then Martin would likely be put on Waivers and Tolopilo would be the backup to Silovs in Abby and Sawchenko would probably be going to Kalamazoo.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

DeSmith is De-Man!

2 starts, 2 wins

Casey DeSmith was fantastic tonight, especially in the third period. Tocchet spoke earlier today about the team needing to trust their backup goalie, and so far, there’s been no reason for the Canucks not to trust DeSmith to man their crease.

DeSmith stopped 34-of-36 shots in a 5-3 win over Florida on Saturday.

DeSmith has been a great addition to the Orca lineup. He's won both of his starts and is 2-0 with a 2.73 GAA and .938 save percentage.

Edited by Mackcanuck