Gator

Plenty of playoff depth pieces available out of Seattle (with IRL NHL team):

Mattias Janmark (EDM)

Craig Smith (DAL)

Jesper Boqvist (BOS)

Caleb Jones (COL)

Laurent Brossoit (WPG)

Martin Jones (TOR)

All are pending UFAs with cheap contracts and will be available for a late pick or equivalent prospect. Could even package a couple of them together.

Edited by MatchesMalone

14 hours ago, Gator said:

NEW PENALTY SYSTEM

+1 POINT

• Bottom 6-10 of league standings at end of month.

• Trading a player with a NTC.

• Failure to respond to activity check after 1 week. 1 point for each additional day.

• Disciplinary action.

+2 POINTS

• Bottom 2-5 of league standings at end of month.

• Requesting a player to waive a NTC.

• Trading a player you signed or extended as a UFA within the last 181-365 days.

• Trading a player with a NMC.

• Disciplinary action.

+3 POINTS

• Last place of league standings at end of the month.

• Requesting a player to waive a NMC.

• Trading a player you signed or extended within the last 91-180 days.

• Disciplinary action.

+5 POINTS

• Trading a player you signed or extended within the last 90 days. 

• Disciplinary action.

Subject to change. We expect things to be added to this over the next few seasons to help perfect the team morale system. As situations and ideas arise, they may be added to this. If you have any suggestions please feel free to share them. Don't expect all ideas to get used, buse the more suggestions we get, the more discussion that can be had to make the system even better!

the only two things i might disagree with is these 2 bolded rules... the rest i really like.   I also assume a 3 way trade should be more desirable from these rules and implementing a rumour section might be warranted for people not entirely happy with their trade returns, who may want to make a trade after the fact... as it stands more players will be traded for picks im guessing

***Changes have been made to the penalty system.***

+1 POINT
Bottom 6-10 of league standings for each particular month.
Trading a player with a NTC.
Failure to respond to activity check after week. 1 point for each additional day.
Disciplinary action.

+2 POINTS
Bottom 2-5 of league standings for each particular month.
Requesting a player to waive a NTC.
Trading a player you signed or extended as a UFA within the last 181-365 days.
Trading a player with a NMC.
Disciplinary action.

+3 POINTS
Last place of league standings for each particular month.
Requesting a player to waive a NMC.
Trading a player you signed or extended within the last 91-180 days.
Disciplinary action.

+5 POINTS
Trading a player you signed or extended within the last 90 days. 
Disciplinary action.

-1 POINT
Top 10 of league standings for each particular month.
Make the playoffs.
Win a playoff round

I will be updating current CBA with this shortly just for easier reference. Team Morale will not be used until next season begins, so any penalties giving for this year essentially has no effect, and the system is only being used atm to practice in the live environment.

1 hour ago, MidKnight Ego said:

the only two things i might disagree with is these 2 bolded rules... the rest i really like.   I also assume a 3 way trade should be more desirable from these rules and implementing a rumour section might be warranted for people not entirely happy with their trade returns, who may want to make a trade after the fact... as it stands more players will be traded for picks im guessing

As for being penalized for trading a player with Clauses that will stay. The reason for this is a player is signing with your team over 31 other clubs. They didn't sign with the 3 or 10 clubs that they have on their lists. That's just their bit of protection incase the GM doesn't honor the contract they agree to. No the penalties are not that harsh for moving these guys to a team on their list. However requesting they waive their clause and then trading them could have a big impact.

Now there are ways to relieve yourself of accumulated penalty points. Finish top 10 in any given month, make playoffs, and winning a playoff round.. It is even being discussed about the possibility of completely wiping the champions slate clean (by resetting penalty level to 0 before offseason freeze) as a way to reward to the GFL winners. 

Also keep in mind that Penalties reset every season to 0. There is something being discussed about teams starting with a small penalty the following year after finishing in the bottom 10, but nothing set in stone.

Going to be a lot of fun changes going into year 2, and I think it'll be a very interesting season. A lot of room for improvement for sure, but that'll come through trial and error, and conversation. 

• Upvote 1

WAIVERS:

The Winnipeg Jets (Priority 30) have claimed James Reimer from the Winnipeg Jets

• @Theo5789 Please create space or risk losing Reimer to waivers automatically in 24 hours

The Following players have cleared waivers

TOR - Justin Dowling

Still currently on waivers

VGK - Matt Nieto until 2:20PM

DET - Jakub Vrana until 8:51PM

DET Petr Mrazek until 9:29PM

Boston-Bruins-Logo-Desktop-Wallpapers.thumb.png.49f53fdcc474d29ebc73de2fbd673b47.png

Bruins Playoff Pieces OTB

Jake McCabe - [Van,Vgk,Det,Buf,Ari,Nsh,Nyr,Wpg,La,Njd ]

Mason Marchment- [Vgk,Buf,Tor,Ana,Cbj,Dal,Mtl,Van,Sjs,Col ]

Nikita Zadorov

Victor Arvidsson

Edited by Sludge

23 minutes ago, Relyt Krets said:

The Detroit Red Wings are thrilled to welcome Ivan Miroshnichenko and Josh Anderson to the Detroit Red Wings. We couldn't be more thrilled to welcome these two the franchise. Ivan Miroshnichenko has been on our radar since his D-2 year. We were thrilled to hear he could be made available in the right circumstance. Josh Anderson should be hungry following this move. To be considered a cap causality and a necessity to move should be all the motivation he needs. Mr. Anderson fills many needs within our roster and we believe he will thrive here in Detroit.  We wish Laughton well in his new digs.

We will continue to explore opportunities to bolster our roster with our remaining cap space. If you have a contract you would like to move off and are willing to pay an incentive fee we are willing to pay a fair price - as displayed here.

Thanks to @Lethunder for the productive talks!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Gator said:

As for being penalized for trading a player with Clauses that will stay. The reason for this is a player is signing with your team over 31 other clubs. They didn't sign with the 3 or 10 clubs that they have on their lists. That's just their bit of protection incase the GM doesn't honor the contract they agree to. No the penalties are not that harsh for moving these guys to a team on their list. However requesting they waive their clause and then trading them could have a big impact.

Now there are ways to relieve yourself of accumulated penalty points. Finish top 10 in any given month, make playoffs, and winning a playoff round.. It is even being discussed about the possibility of completely wiping the champions slate clean (by resetting penalty level to 0 before offseason freeze) as a way to reward to the GFL winners. 

Also keep in mind that Penalties reset every season to 0. There is something being discussed about teams starting with a small penalty the following year after finishing in the bottom 10, but nothing set in stone.

Going to be a lot of fun changes going into year 2, and I think it'll be a very interesting season. A lot of room for improvement for sure, but that'll come through trial and error, and conversation. 

That makes alot of sense thanks for clearing up the confusion i had about that... cheers

• Cheers 1

PENALTIES:

The following teams have been assessed penalties

6 PT - Buffalo Sabres @JohnnyEhGiver - 1 PT: Trading a player with a NTC (Sam Gagner) & 5 PT: Trading a player signed within the last 90 days (Sam Gagner - Signed 11/6/23 - 89 Days)

1 PT - Vegas Golden Knights @Lethunder - Trading a player with a NTC (Josh Anderson)

3 PT - Detroit Red Wings @Rush - Trading a player signed within 91-180 Days (Andreas Englund - Signed 10/1/23 - 125 Days)

1 PT - Toronto Maple Leafs @MidKnight Ego - Trading a player with a NTC (Tyler Myers)

Edited by Relyt Krets
  • chaos 1

2 minutes ago, Relyt Krets said:

PENALTIES:

The following teams have been assessed penalties

6 PT - Buffalo Sabres @JohnnyEhGiver - 1 PT: Trading a player with a NTC (Sam Gagner) & 5 PT: Trading a player signed within the last 90 days (Sam Gagner - Signed 11/6/23 - 89 Days)

1 PT - Vegas Golden Knights @Lethunder - Trading a player with a NTC (Josh Anderson)

3 PT - Detroit Red Wings @Rush - Trading a player signed within 91-180 Days (Andreas Englund - Signed 10/1/23 - 125 Days)

1 PT - Toronto Maple Leafs @MidKnight Ego - Trading a player with a NTC (Tyler Myers)

I suppose it doesn't matter that I took over the team and had no idea when anyone was signed? I didn't even think to look at the dates or tenure lol.