GFL 2023-24 (SEA, EDM, MTL Available)

Gator

11 hours ago, MeanSeanBean said:

@Gator

What are the major changes? I don't get the new defeat system 

There are many small changes/wording to the CBA I would recommend reading it all over. When I get a chance (sometime before July 1st when it comes into effect) I will put out a post explaining the biggest changes

47 minutes ago, Gator said:

There are many small changes/wording to the CBA I would recommend reading it all over. When I get a chance (sometime before July 1st when it comes into effect) I will put out a post explaining the biggest changes

I read through it the best of my ability with dyslexia lol, but hard to tell the changes between the two unless they were side by side. 

47 minutes ago, Gator said:

Not sure what you mean by defeat system

typo. Draft system. I'm not sure what 27-32+21 means? 16? Trevor Linden? Captain Canuck Confirmed?

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

typo. Draft system. I'm not sure what 27-32+21 means? 16? Trevor Linden? Captain Canuck Confirmed?

The team that finishes 27th in GML will be matched with teams that finished 32 & 21 in the lottery.

With the bottom 5 teams being taken out of the lottery, there will be 5 teams irl that could win that won't be matched with a GFL team otherwise, so those odds are given to teams ranked 27-23 in GFL

Edited by Gator

12 hours ago, MeanSeanBean said:

@Gator

What are the major changes? I don't get the new defeat system 

Biggest changes I can really think of off the top of my head would be

- Players must remain in NHL/AHL for a minimum of 72 hours after being called up/sent down

- Front Office Budgets

- Draft Lottery

- Compliance Buyouts can only be done in offseason

- New AHL Roster limits to match new team sheets that'll be released soon

Other than that I don't think much changed, but I'm just going off the top of my head so may be forgetting a few things

18 minutes ago, Gator said:

The team that finishes 27th in GML will be matched with teams that finished 32 & 21 in the lottery.

With the bottom 5 teams being taken out of the lottery, there will be 5 teams irl that could win that won't be matched with a GFL team otherwise, so those odds are given to teams ranked 27-23 in GFL

so realistically, the 27th spot is the golden goose still, but not nearly as much. will be closer to like a 32% or something instead of 69? does it also mean that the bottom 5 do not fall 5 hole spots automatically? Instead the 5th worst team is likely to actually pick in the 3rd spot? The last place team is likely to pick 7th? I think this seems fair if I'm understanding it correctly. This years system was flawed, not that I'm complaining because I took advantage of it.

• Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, Gator said:

Biggest changes I can really think of off the top of my head would be

- Players must remain in NHL/AHL for a minimum of 72 hours after being called up/sent down

- Front Office Budgets

- Draft Lottery

- Compliance Buyouts can only be done in offseason

- New AHL Roster limits to match new team sheets that'll be released soon

Other than that I don't think much changed, but I'm just going off the top of my head so may be forgetting a few things

I like that, keeps teams from pulling guys up for single nights and essentially rotating through non waiver players.

front office budget looks good, I like the changes.

draft lotto seems to be good. less punishing and doesn't mean 27 is an auto win.

buyouts make sense.

AHL roster limits make sense, but I didn't know anyone had rosters that big.

1 hour ago, MeanSeanBean said:

so realistically, the 27th spot is the golden goose still, but not nearly as much. will be closer to like a 32% or something instead of 69? does it also mean that the bottom 5 do not fall 5 hole spots automatically? Instead the 5th worst team is likely to actually pick in the 3rd spot? The last place team is likely to pick 7th? I think this seems fair if I'm understanding it correctly. This years system was flawed, not that I'm complaining because I took advantage of it.

Exactly

• MillerTime 1

• Gator changed the title to GFL 2023-24 (EDM, PIT, SEA Available)
35 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

@Gator

did elc contracts get reduced? I feel like I was paying Wright 4+ before, can't check he's not on my list right now. but now it says a 1st overall will only be 3.5?

Same as it was. They may get increased by July 1st depending on what they're irl. Actually meant to put that as "TBD" like the salary cap

3 hours ago, Gator said:

Same as it was. They may get increased by July 1st depending on what they're irl. Actually meant to put that as "TBD" like the salary cap

Aren't ELCs like under a million IRL though? That's something I never fully understood about high picks like Wright having a high cap hit 

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

Aren't ELCs like under a million IRL though? That's something I never fully understood about high picks like Wright having a high cap hit 

ELC contracts are a maximum of $950K per year. However, they can also receive a maximum 10% signing bonus and performance bonuses not to exceed $3.5M. So players can make a lot more money if they perform really well. Our CBA factors these into the Cap Hits for where players were selected in the draft as opposed to real life as that would be too complicated to administer.

The below link will give more info on how bonuses are earned.

https://puckpedia.com/salary-cap/entry-level-performance-bonuses

Gator may provide additional detail.

Edited by Rick Blight
  • Cheers 1

52 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

32 minutes ago, Rick Blight said:

ELC contracts are a maximum of $950K per year. However, they can also receive a maximum 10% signing bonus and performance bonuses not to exceed $3.5M. So players can make a lot more money if they perform really well. Our CBA factors these into the Cap Hits for where players were selected in the draft as opposed to real life as that would be too complicated to administer.

The below link will give more info on how bonuses are earned.

https://puckpedia.com/salary-cap/entry-level-performance-bonuses

Gator may provide additional detail.

Yea the (base salary) has a max of like $950k, but their aav can still be a lot higher. Base salary is used to determine cost of a qualifying offer when they become RFAs

• Gator changed the title to GFL 2023-24 (EDM & SEA Available)
  • Gator changed the title to GFL 2023-24 (SEA Available)

Great series, @Relyt Krets!

I'm super excited about the future of this Panthers team, and couldn't be happier that any of the draft capital we mortaged contributed to us being more competitve. We traded two 1sts to acquire Reinhart and Lindholm, and we have been able to lock both of them in to long-term contracts. Despite not having our 1st, we are looking forward to drafting around that 40 hole and are confident we'll be able to draft some good prospects. We'll come back next season stronger, and look to find creative ways to be even more competitive.

Let's go Cats!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

Great series, @Relyt Krets!

I'm super excited about the future of this Panthers team, and couldn't be happier that any of the draft capital we mortaged contributed to us being more competitve. We traded two 1sts to acquire Reinhart and Lindholm, and we have been able to lock both of them in to long-term contracts. Despite not having our 1st, we are looking forward to drafting around that 40 hole and are confident we'll be able to draft some good prospects. We'll come back next season stronger, and look to find creative ways to be even more competitive.

Let's go Cats!

I have your first, let me know if you want to trade back for it? 

On 5/21/2024 at 1:26 PM, Mike Vanderhoek said:

ANNOUNCEMENT:

At this time I must submit my resignation from my position as General Manager of the Montreal Canadiens. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause but I simply don't have the time to be a more than one Fantasy Pool guy at a time. 

I'd like to thank al the members whom I have dealt with here and for @Gator for allowing me into this league. I wish nothing but the best to the group here and much success for the league moving forward.

Thanks again to everyone who put their time into our discussions, negotiations and conversations.

Wish you could retire my dude, we need you in Fantasy Hockey, lol 

I get it though, all the best and if you do find time, come back!!

• Like 1

Blues Acquire   Maple Leafs Acquire
Timo Meier 11/27/23 Matt Dumba
Bradley Nadeau
Filip Mesar
Conditional 2024 STL 1st
(Top 3 Protected - Transfers to 2025 STL 1st if 2024 Pick is in top 3)
2024 STL 3rd

Toronto has received the 2024 STL 1st via conditions on pick.

Sabres Acquire   Predators Acquire
Nate Danielson
Cond. 2024 NSH 3rd
(Becomes 2025 NSH 3rd if the Cond. 2024 BUF 1st becomes 2025 BUF 1st)
Jani Hakanpaa
12/7/23 Sean Durzi
Cond. 2024 BUF 1st
(Top 8 protected, switches to 2025 BUF 1st if 2024 pick is in top 😎

Via trade conditions, NSH receives BUF 2024 1st, and BUF receives 2024 NSH 3rd