Round 1 - Boston Bruins (A2) vs Toronto Maple Leafs (A3)

Guess the series outcomes!  

157 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins in how many games?

2. 2. Which team will have more penalty minutes this series?

30 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Bruins Show Footage of Sad Fans in Maple Leaf Square on Jumbotron After Game 7 Win

That's Boston "Class" for you!    Canucks fans who went to Boston in 2011 know what a bunch of garbage truck drivers they are......

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

And Marner controls where he’s traded. It’s a messy situation for sure. 

Leafs over a barrel as well. Teams know they are desperate to make some changes. 

• ThereItIs 1

51 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

That's Boston "Class" for you!    Canucks fans who went to Boston in 2011 know what a bunch of garbage truck drivers they are......

And that's one of the reasons I wanted them to lose this series.

• Cheers 3

40 minutes ago, Rekker said:

Leafs over a barrel as well. Teams know they are desperate to make some changes. 

Yup. And the Leafs have the same guy as GM that doused the Flames with a horrid Tkatchuk trade. 

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, Rekker said:

Everyone who doesn't win Lord Stanley's Cup is desperate to make changes though.  Just concentrate on the ones making the wrong changes and reap their losses.  

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, Alflives said:

Those guys all have full no move clauses. The Leafs will run the same core back but with a different coach. 

Your life must be hell living with Mrs. Alf after last night.

• Cheers 1

Changes have to be made with the Leafs roster but it does seem like Nylander has proven to be the one to keep from the core players. 

Perhaps keep Matthew and Nylander and trade Marner and move on from Tavares?

Not saying cause and effect

But this is why I didn't like the 11M Petie contract. Guys going MIA after a payday, it's just weird. 

Don't say injury,  Petie played all season when he could have rested himself for some games.

2 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Not saying cause and effect

But this is why I didn't like the 11M Petie contract. Guys going MIA after a payday, it's just weird. 

Don't say injury,  Petie played all season when he could have rested himself for some games.

What if it's something that won't get better with rest and needs surgery?  I'll reserve judgement until we know what's bothering him.

3 hours ago, King Heffy said:

What if it's something that won't get better with rest and needs surgery?  I'll reserve judgement until we know what's bothering him.

If he was really injured he should have rested when he had the chance. 

Matthew Tkachuk's comments about how Florida always knew they'd play Boston in the 2nd round almost speaks to the lack of respect the league has for the Leafs. It seems everyone takes the same joy in seeing them lose as we the fans do 

• ThereItIs 1

13 hours ago, hockeyville88 said:

Matthew Tkachuk's comments about how Florida always knew they'd play Boston in the 2nd round almost speaks to the lack of respect the league has for the Leafs. It seems everyone takes the same joy in seeing them lose as we the fans do 

I saw that too. Hilarious.

My Leafs fan colleague this morning in an email exchange with me:

"Do you think marner will waive his NTC? I read someone say they should trade marner for nothing, but with the caveat they have to take Tavares too. (Can’t see Tavares giving up his NTC).

If they don’t fire Shanahan, I’m switching to be a canucks fan"

• Haha 1